Switching from EA to WA

JDarst

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
In an effort to switchfro th eastern arc to the western arc using a Dish Turbo HD, can I simply swap out the LNB bundle at the end of the arm and repoit the dish?

It depends which ea you are on. Are you on a 1k.4 ea or a 1k.2 ea if on the .4 you will need a .4 wa lnb which I am pretty sure they quit making, but check the Internet you may find one. If a .2 ea you will need the .2 wa lnb which they indeed still make that is the most popular dish. If questions just respond will do my best to help.

In an effort to switchfro th eastern arc to the western arc using a Dish Turbo HD, can I simply swap out the LNB bundle at the end of the arm and repoit the dish?

Only on a 1000.4 you can switch the LNB's

Any other type of Dish, you got to change the entire Dish.

The key is what satellite your locals are on. If they are mirrored on both east and west arc your fine, but if your locals are only on one arc then you will loose locals when you repoint.

It worked. I used a 1000.2 LNB west arc in place of the east arc LNB. The LNB bracket appeared to be more like the 1k.4 bracket as it had the little tab in the middle, which I removed because it was in the way of installing the 1k.2 west arc LNB. The signal was pretty good (119=80's, 110=60's, 129=60's). Everything works as it should. Thanks for responses....

Only on a 1000.4 you can switch the LNB's

Any other type of Dish, you got to change the entire Dish.

The key is what satellite your locals are on. If they are mirrored on both east and west arc your fine, but if your locals are only on one arc then you will loose locals when you repoint.

Um, there is the .2 110-119-129 wa lnb AND the 61.5-72 EA TWIN lnb. In Greensboro, NC the hd locals only come off 61.5, so the .2 ea twin is the primary hd setup. The .4 ea is used if hd Latino programming is required, it comes off 77. And, the .2 wa is secondary for hd if NLOS for ea, the customer just won't receive the locals in hd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts