Switching on 3.0 and re-scan

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
I am sure most in this forum are re-scanning quite often, as I am. Here in NW Oregon there will be a huge change in our 5 OTA translators come July 28th, then Portland starts running 3.0 on KRCW-32 and KPDX-49. The programming on these channels will be piggybacked on several of the existing stations. KATU (2) will host KRCW (32), and other services will be moving. This is a plus for us on the coast as we will be going from 16 to 25 OTA channels including COZI & Antenna TV, which we never have had.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I am sure most in this forum are re-scanning quite often, as I am. Here in NW Oregon there will be a huge change in our 5 OTA translators come July 28th, then Portland starts running 3.0 on KRCW-32 and KPDX-49. The programming on these channels will be piggybacked on several of the existing stations. KATU (2) will host KRCW (32), and other services will be moving. This is a plus for us on the coast as we will be going from 16 to 25 OTA channels including COZI & Antenna TV, which we never have had.
Good to hear you a gaining. I'm hoping we pick up some extra OTA channels if/when we switch to ATSC 3.0 here in Central PA. :)

Reactions: mwdxer1
Are there very many people that bought any 3.0 tv yet? I was itching to get one but changed my mind for now after using a calculater on my internet service of the amount of gigibites. that 4k tv uses. My internet service has a cap of 250 gigibites and I can,t afford the next plan that would probably cost me another #75 per month.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I suspect it’ll be at least 3 years, and more likely at least 5 years, before I have any interest in paying for an ATSC 3 “decoder.” If then. It is very possible that greed will lead the stations to start charging before the hook is set, and kill the whole idea.

And frankly, free YT is so good, I’m wondering about paying for Dish. But certainly, that good deal will also pass.

I have had Dish for 21 years and they are one of the best out there compared to Direct or cable. For what I get, I cannot complain plus they have a lot of diginets not available OTA here.

Reactions: Howard Simmons