Switching RG11/U from one receiver to another.

Larry3570

Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
United States
Hi,
I need to switch the RG11/U from a dish between 2 Icecrypt STC6000HDPVR receivers. Only one receiver ever needs to be connected to the dish at one time. Sometimes the content will be shown in one room, sometimes in the other but never both. I don't need a multiswitch. Run is about 300' indoor and 50' outdoor. Any "one in, 2 out" switch I should use? One that is a relay so the actuator could be 10' from the switch box would be nice too.
Thanks for your help.
Larry

Can you use the LOOP OUT from one STB and connect to the LNB/dish in on the other STB?

I wondered about that. The first receiver's LNB out could physically be connected to the second receiver's LNB in, but with the long cable run (and it's another 100' or so between receivers) I wondered if doing that would deplete the signal too much or introduce any noise. Also, I don't know if the signal passes through if the first receiver is turned off or looses power, or if there is any gain stage between LNB in and LNB out that would be an issue if the first receiver lost power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)