Switching to Verizon

I'm thinking of getting a Nexus One. Why did you end up getting rid of it? Any dealbreakers I should know about?
Honestly for me the Nexus one is a really cool phone!! Now take this with a grain of salt but T mobile did a crappy job supporting the phone. Also a lot of the phone's have a antenna problem meaning 3g signal drop out! Yes i know this can happen with other phones but to have two t mobile phones side by side and lose signal was very disappointing! Anyway the signal drop out to me is a HTC problem also see Incredible. Not as big problem but there is something there. Before anyone jumps down my throat i did not say all HTC but Nexus and incredible have both had some of these problems. They way to test for a bad antenna is put your hand over the back of the phones or turn them upside down. The signal will either go down or out! Now maybe with the newer Nexus one this is fixed or maybe it's a few bad phones but for me this was a deal breaker. I also go hunting and fishing a lot and T mobile coverage was and is very limited here.

Let me know how the battery life is after the overclock. That might be a concern. I doubt it though.
I'll let you know about mine in a few more days. I can tell you i have rooted, overclocked and made a very nice rom for a buddy of mine and the battery last's a day to day and a half. He text's, twitters and facebooks every day! He does not use live wallpaper all of the time this can drain a battery pretty fast. He also does not always use Bluetooth but does also us it from time to time. I am so impressed with these phones. Now if i was not going to root and overclock a bit i would still recommend this phone.:up

Honestly for me the Nexus one is a really cool phone!! Now take this with a grain of salt but T mobile did a crappy job supporting the phone. Also a lot of the phone's have a antenna problem meaning 3g signal drop out! Yes i know this can happen with other phones but to have two t mobile phones side by side and lose signal was very disappointing! Anyway the signal drop out to me is a HTC problem also see Incredible. Not as big problem but there is something there. Before anyone jumps down my throat i did not say all HTC but Nexus and incredible have both had some of these problems. They way to test for a bad antenna is put your hand over the back of the phones or turn them upside down. The signal will either go down or out! Now maybe with the newer Nexus one this is fixed or maybe it's a few bad phones but for me this was a deal breaker. I also go hunting and fishing a lot and T mobile coverage was and is very limited here.
Seems like most of the complaints on service were the result of T-Mobile. I'd be getting it with AT&T, and I have no complaints about the coverage with my current phone.. I'm still debating though.

Seems like most of the complaints on service were the result of T-Mobile. I'd be getting it with AT&T, and I have no complaints about the coverage with my current phone.. I'm still debating though.
The phone it's self is super fast! Also nothing runs better the Android Vanilla. You will be the first to get major updates and Froyo!:up Anyway i can't say how well or bad the phone is on AT&T but on t mobile in my area it is lousy!!

Using the handy widget I usually keep GPS and Bluetooth off and Wfi on whenever I am near an open network to maximize battery life. Congrats on the switch, Verizon's network rocks.

Using the handy widget I usually keep GPS and Bluetooth off and Wfi on whenever I am near an open network to maximize battery life. Congrats on the switch, Verizon's network rocks.
Thank you very much!:D You are very wise to use widget and your phone in the matter you do!:up If you can get a day out of a truly smart phone you are doing really well!:up

Waiting on that Iphone to come out on Verizon later this year.
:eek::censored::shh

double-facepalm.jpg

Let me know what you think about it after a few days. I am considering that phone myself in the next week or so.
This is the BEST phone i have ever had!! I am really having fun with this phone! Had root on this thing before i had contacts on it!!ha ha

Let me know how the battery life is after the overclock. That might be a concern. I doubt it though.
Battery life is great! Phone is fast and test's better then the 1 gig snap dragon!:up Loving it!

Let me know what you think about it after a few days. I am considering that phone myself in the next week or so.

I have the Moto Droid too. I think it is a great phone. It is sturdy built and can take a fall, even on concrete and still be kicking as long as you don't drop it on the screen itself.

Thanks for the posts. I have all but made up my mind that this will be what I get. It meets the criteria of what I really want pretty spot on.

The result of complaints had much to do with the phone and it's ability to hold onto a signal. Even with an AT&T version it does poorly but not as poor as the T-Mobile version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts