SWM 3 LNB Split?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aganno

Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Directv just installed a SWM 3 Dish/LNB, which goes to 8 Way Wide Band Splitter and all is working. My question is if I go over 8 tuners can that signal be split? I asked the installer and he said yes with an additional SWM 8. Is this correct, because the dish has its own multiswitch built in.

Yes u would a swm 16 module not a swm 8. Swm 16 module expands your current system to a 16 channel system. A swm 8 module will not allow more than 8 channels.

Directv just installed a SWM 3 Dish/LNB, which goes to 8 Way Wide Band Splitter and all is working. My question is if I go over 8 tuners can that signal be split? I asked the installer and he said yes with an additional SWM 8. Is this correct, because the dish has its own multiswitch built in.
+
Sorry, no - not with that LNB. Your installer was wrong. The SWM LNB in your dish can only drive eight tuners in total, nothing to do with the splitter. To go over eight, you have to replace the LNB at the dish with a conventional slimline LNB. You would then run four cables to the house and connect the four cables to an SWM16, that would then give you 16 tuner capacity. (You can also use two SWM8s in parallel, driven from wide-band splitters in each of the four cables from the dish - that's less expensive, but less convenient)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)