SWM install problems I think

Status
Please reply by conversation.

technstuff

Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
orange county ca
I had a supervisor from Conntect Tv install my 4 HD-DVR setup on Saturday. He used the SWM-8. The mounting of the dish went great but attic part I think may have a problem. He insisted that the Power inserter be in attic so had me get an extension cord and he drop into a bedroom to plug it in. At the time since he said he was a supervisor I thought he knew what he was doing. In addition he mounted in my attic with electoral tape to the padded air contention line that goes to my backyard central ac fan thing. I am loving Direct Tv so far but these installers are dragging them down. This has to be one of the worst experiences my I have had trying to get something installed (my worst was a 2 year ordeal with sears over a messed up central ac install). Why I let them continue the install when they ran the extension cord was because they already had the dish up and wired to the house and I think the bedroom runs done. He keep telling me this was the only way.

The power inserter can be installed by a receiver as long as the splitter (if any) is power passing to the power inserter only (one leg).

No need to have the PI in the attic with extension cord.

Conntect Tv installers suck big time. I cancelled DTV installation with them 2 months ago. They send a 20 year old kid who was not sure how he was going to do the install. I sent him home.

I've signed up again and schedulled for next week, I requested senior installer. Thanks for you comments, 1st I'll make sure how is he going to do the wiring, before installing the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)