SWM issues DRIVING ME CRAZY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dabird

Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
United States
I have a situation that I need help with. I have 1hddvr, 2 h25 and 1 d12 hooked up with a SWM system. I am getting intermittent "Searching For Satellite" on various recievers. The signal is only on one Rec. but not always the same one. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. I have replaced every piece in the system. I have it wired as follows. LNB, approx. 8' RG6 to SWM2, Power passive side to PI21, other port to SWM4, from SWM4 to recievers. Any ideas would be helpful I'm pulling my hair out

Try eliminating the swm2 splitter, no need for it if I read your config right. Connect the swm4 splitter right to the PI, then run one line to each receiver. Check all connectors, signal strength on the receivers too. Need to identify if it is one satellite or all that are showing problems too.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

:welcome to Satelliteguys dabird!

I'll echo what jcrandall said, you only need one splitter.

on your pi is the (to receiver) port terminated? but like has been mentioned I would try and eliminate the 2way splitter. On the 4 way splitter unscrew the cable that says power pass ( on the receivers side of course ) and go inside and find which receiver says searching for signal/ problem communicating with dish. which ever one says this is were u will want to place the pi. From your wording in the question you sound knowledgeable enough to figure out how to do this without a step by step guide so I will stop here, but if you get lost post back I am sure myself or some of the other guys here can get u back on track. Btw u mentioned rg6 from dish to first splitter, what is the cable inside the house? Do you have wall plates or through floor/wall? If wall plates what color is the center of the barrel connector in it? If wall plate have you checked behind it and seen what type connectors are on it. I have seen the white/clear center barrels and the crimp on connectors cause this problem before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)