Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Just spent about a week putting this together.

Got the following switches

(4) Swm16 switches
(1) Dswim 30
(1) Legacy 6x8

The entire board is wired to support flex 1 and flex2 for the new reverse band LNB. In addition I installed a Gigabyte switch to support (5) cinema connection kits.

The purpose of this was so I could test a commercial com2000 system, and to activate multiple receivers.

The legacy 6x8 is just in case we need a legacy feed for something.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071441.635549.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071451.105461.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071458.236872.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071465.718551.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071474.911334.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071483.165230.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071490.937313.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071498.497202.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071505.847256.jpg

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1493071518.608728.jpg

Reactions: NoReDist
Just spent about a week putting this together.

Got the following switches

(4) Swm16 switches
(1) Dswim 30
(1) Legacy 6x8

The entire board is wired to support flex 1 and flex2 for the new reverse band LNB. In addition I installed a Gigabyte switch to support (5) cinema connection kits.

The purpose of this was so I could test a commercial com2000 system, and to activate multiple receivers.

The legacy 6x8 is just in case we need a legacy feed for something.

Great work.
I would have used color coded wires to make troubleshooting line 1 thru 6 a bit easier ;)

A few questions however.
1)You have 5 DECA units, only one per SWM16 and DSWM30.
Speak more about what the plans for Whole Home Networking are ???
2) How many channels are you feeding to the COM 2000 ? You have 64 SWM tuners, 30 DSWM tuners and 8 legacy tuners ?

Doctor j

Hey nice work ...

Though I've been informed on a thread about the DSWM-30 on dbstalk.com from an inside source through slice that the analog SWiM-16s' flexports will not be compatible with the RB output ports 5 and 6 of the new RB legacy LNB.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

It might have been a little simpler and smaller to mount those switches vertically using Sonora's SWM rack like I used in my install below. https://www.sonoradesign.com/product.php?productid=821, there is also an 8 bay version. Also wouldn't need so many PI29s using their 24v 2A power supplies - three would power all the switches + amp + locker.

View attachment 125866

NICE!

I have different color mini RG59, But it's not approved for a D2 type distribution panel.

The same goes for the F81 female to female Splice connectors used to join the polarity locker and amp.

I pretty much did this to Directv specs using their approved equipment.

So 3 SWM 16's are used to test a 48 channel Com2000 system for hotels.

The 4th SWM 16 goes to my front counter for test feeds to authorize multiple receivers.

The DSWM 30 is used for my office receivers and the other half the switch goes to my front counter for test feeds.

The legacy 6x8 output also goes to my front desk for test feeds.

One thing I did learn is the USB DECCAS cannot be powered by a USB charger.

For some reason it needs to be connected to a receiver, computer or modem.

My plan was to use a 6 port 7.5 amp USB power strip and power it with USB connections. I had to switch to H25 power supplies instead.

NICE!

I have different color mini RG59, But it's not approved for a D2 type distribution panel.

The same goes for the F81 female to female Splice connectors used to join the polarity locker and amp.

I pretty much did this to Directv specs using their approved equipment.

The colored coax I used is RG6, swept to 4.5 GHz (intended for HD SDI production, I think) I found a place online that sold the various colors in 10 foot chunks pretty cheap.

I know the F71 barrels aren't approved, but it takes up less space and I don't have to care about Directv approval :)

Hey nice work ...

Though I've been informed on a thread about the DSWM-30 on dbstalk.com from an inside source through slice that the analog SWiM-16s' flexports will not be compatible with the RB output ports 5 and 6 of the new RB legacy LNB.

The incompatibility stems from the fact that the satellite setup screen won't have an available selection for the 'legacy reverse band LNB' / 'analog SWM' combo, not because the analog SWM can't hack it.

The colored coax I used is RG6, swept to 4.5 GHz (intended for HD SDI production, I think) I found a place online that sold the various colors in 10 foot chunks pretty cheap.

I know the F71 barrels aren't approved, but it takes up less space and I don't have to care about Directv approval :)

Where did I get the colored RG6?

All I can find is black, white and a peach color

One thing I did learn is the USB DECCAS cannot be powered by a USB charger.

For some reason it needs to be connected to a receiver, computer or modem.

My plan was to use a 6 port 7.5 amp USB power strip and power it with USB connections. I had to switch to H25 power supplies instead.

Not that it helps you if you're going the full Directv supported route, but at least for the old white DECAs, you can feed them 24v and they're happy with it. At least the one I've been feeding 24v into (mounted off picture to the left a bit) hasn't ever complained.

Not that it helps you if you're going the full Directv supported route, but at least for the old white DECAs, you can feed them 24v and they're happy with it. At least the one I've been feeding 24v into (mounted off picture to the left a bit) hasn't ever complained.

Depends on what I can get my hands on. The USB DECCAS seem to be the most compact.

I do not like the ones with the coax to RF adaptor

The incompatibility stems from the fact that the satellite setup screen won't have an available selection for the 'legacy reverse band LNB' / 'analog SWM' combo, not because the analog SWM can't hack it.
True....

But my point was that for whatever the specific reason(s), the flexports on the analog SWiM-16s will not work with the new SL-5RB's Reverse Band output ports 5 and 6.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts