Syfy Picks Up Fourth Season of Merlin

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Merlin is conjuring up another season at Syfy. The drama, which saw its ratings rise in season three, will be back for a fourth season in 2012.

The show — known as The Adventures of Merlin throughout the rest of the world, outside of the U.S. and the United Kingdom — returns with star Colin Morgan as Merlin, as well as Bradley James as Prince Arthur and Angel Coulby as Gwen. Katie McGrath, Anthony Head and Richard Wilson are also back, while John Hurt once again lends his voice to the Great Dragon.

Exclusive: Syfy Picks Up Fourth Season of Merlin - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I wonder if there will be a 4-month lag again? If so, I won't be watching on syfy. Though with the way they cut things I probably won't anyway.

Where else is it shown, BBCA early?
BBC-One in Britains starts it in Septeber (as opposed to Syfy who waited til January last year and April the year before).

Since it's not a BBC Production (someone else makes it), then Syfy is able to get it's hands on it instead of it being sent to BBC-America as the BBC has been doing with all it's in house stuff (Doctor Who, Being Human, etc...)

From the BBC and Syfy for US viewers. Final season 5 is currently airing in UK and will air in the US in early 2013

Merlin creators axe hit BBC fantasy series
26/11/2012 - 09:39

Family fantasy series Merlin is to be axed after five years, with the current BBC One run its last.

The BBC said the series about the young King Arthur and his put-upon wizard servant will come to a 'natural and dramatic end' when it bows out with a two-part finale.

The show, which features veteran stars such as Richard Wilson and John Hurt, pulls in almost seven million viewers, but is being ended by its creators.

BBC One controller Danny Cohen said: "I admire the creators' decision to end Merlin on a high, but also know that we will miss it in the BBC One schedule.

"We have ambitious plans for new drama in the Saturday evening slot in 2013."

Syfy Drama Series Shutting Down -- But Spinoffs May Be on the Way

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2012/11/syfy-drama-series-shutting-dow.php