• Total voters

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
If CBS follows suit and intros 3 new fall dramas, either the Mentalist, Good Wife, or CSI:NY must go to make room. Made in Jersey has already been canceled and Vegas is not looking good, either. Good Wife has had the best ratings this year. CSI:NY has been right behind Good Wife in viewership and easily winds its Friday timeslot. Mentalist has struggled this year in ratings since moving to Sunday. This week garnered only 8.07 viewers this week, 10 million last week, and 8 million the week before.

My vote would be Mentalist. Getting kind of tired. They could wrap it up with Red John and end the series.

Original Article: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ist-or-the-good-wife-will-be-canceled/158335/

S~

I can see endings for all three:

CSI:NY: Mac retires because of his brain damage/memory loss and goes off with Christine. They'd better decide fast as there are only 16 episodes this season

The Mentalist: Jane gets Red John

The Good Wife: The firm does go under, Peter wins the election, and Alicia leaves to be with him.

S~

I dropped all there from my viewing got tired of CSI NY, the mentalist and red John was or is the biggest mystery ever. The good wife was just boring after a while.

I love The Good Wife. Don't care for CSI: NY or the Mentalist. I will watch the Mentalist, but only because it comes on after TGW.

Same here. I love the Good Wife and I don't care for CSI : NY and never liked the Mentalist. So I voted Csi: Ny to go. It should of went last year along with Csi: Miami. I wouldn't mind seeing all the CSI shows going out. They have all definitely outlived their time on tv.

Same here. I love the Good Wife and I don't care for CSI : NY and never liked the Mentalist. So I voted Csi: Ny to go. It should of went last year along with Csi: Miami. I wouldn't mind seeing all the CSI shows going out. They have all definitely outlived their time on tv.

One mans opinion ....

I'll keep CSI NY and dump the other two.

The only one of those I watch is CSI: NY. Since I have never seen a single episode of the other two any of those two can go and it wont bother me. Heck, even though I watch CSI: NY it is not that important. If it went it would not be a loss too me

I watch all three. The only one I don't want to see go is CSI:NY. I'm growing tired of the other two. It does seem that all three shows are writing towards conclusion (just in case).

S~

I watch The Mentalist weekly but it's logged that magical 100 episodes and is now in syndication so I'm sure CBS is considering renewing/cancelling it next year. Honestly, it's doing very well in the Sunday, 10:00 PM time slot and this season has been much better than last. If I were a betting man I would say it comes back next year. I enjoy how the bad guy of the week show is mixed-in with the hunt for Red John theme. Of course, Red John's identify is on a short list of perhaps a dozen candidates and this show ends when his identity is revealed. The Mentalist has the best ratings of the three shows.

I've seen bits 'n pieces of The Good Wife and generally liked what I saw. Unfortunately, I haven't had time for this show in my TV viewing schedule and I'm not about to start now. However, there is no way CBS cancels this show since it has only logged 79 episodes. They will bring it back for a fifth season so they can log 100 episodes so it can be syndicated on TNT, USA, etc. TGW has the 2nd best ratings of the three shows.

Although I have been a big CSI fan for many years, I finally tired of the CSI franchise this years and stopped watching both CSI (down hill after Fishburne and Helgenberger left) and CSI: NY. I think NY was fortunate to have returned this past season, but I do not think CBS will not bring it back for a 10th season. The shows ratings are down this year in the Friday 8:00 PM time-slot and I seriously doubt CBS is going to move them elsewhere.

Last edited:
That's the thing though, Sundays shows vs SNF & Fridays are pretty much the graveyards for shows at least for CBS ...

Sunday night has become ultra-competitive this season. Some of my favorite shows are on Sunday night (The Walking Dead, Dexter, Revenge and The Mentalists). The Good Wife and The Mentalists are doing well for a Sunday Night. Of the three shows mentioned, CBS is not going to cancel TGW until they log 100 episodes (one more season) and The Mentalist is easily outperforming CSI: NY in the ratings...plus, the show draws the avid "He's so dreamy" crowd. Of the three shows mention, CSI: NY is gone if they cancel one show and CSI: NY and The Mentalist are gone if they need to make room for two new shows.

If The Mentalist is cancelled then Jane will find Red John. If not, the season will end in another cliffhanger and they'll get one more year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)