Sync-A-Link

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
Picked this up at a yard sale today. Could not resist because it has a picture of a satellite on it and was only a $1.

So after spending Big Bucks, err that should big buck :D, on this thing. What is it? The seller had no idea. Good for anything? Or did I just donate a dollar :angel:.

Attachments

• IMGP0506.JPG
    IMGP0506.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMGP0508.JPG
    IMGP0508.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 148
That was a sync generator that restored sync in analog video broadcasts. Not much use these days, more of a museum piece.

Ah so. I"ll put it with my museum quality EchoStar 510, Uniden Supra, Uniden SQ560, VCII Plus and VCRS boards.

Some day I'll have a yard sale and try to dump this stuff.

Thanks

Ah so. I"ll put it with my museum quality EchoStar 510, Uniden Supra, Uniden SQ560, VCII Plus and VCRS boards.

Some day I'll have a yard sale and try to dump this stuff.

Thanks

You could play with it and see if can fix some old video tapes that play bad or something like that. It can't hurt :D

Good idea. Somewhere I have some home videos that were put on VHS and never played right. I'll see if the Sync-A-Link will let me watch them. If it works I'll feel better about the dollar I squandered :rant:

Picked this up at a yard sale today. Could not resist because it has a picture of a satellite on it and was only a $1.

So after spending Big Bucks, err that should big buck :D, on this thing. What is it? The seller had no idea. Good for anything? Or did I just donate a dollar :angel:.

I have one of those. Like the other response says, it inserts sync, and it also will reverse video. It will give you video on VCII channels. Not many left, but there are a couple, like the ESPN channels on G14. On VCII channels, however, the audio is digital encrypted, so you needed another source for the audio. I used to use mine back when NFL Sunday ticket was on C-band, since I could get the audio from other sources, like radio, internet, etc. It's a little tricky to get the thing adjusted properly, and I used to get people with green faces, etc, but once adjusted, it worked well.
Another potential use would be if you have a C-band only, or ku-only receiver (I have one of each), the reverse video capability would allow you to watch C-band on the Ku receiver, or visa-versa.
Some receivers, like the Monty 55, have the sync-a-link capabilities built in.

I used to get people with green faces, etc, but once adjusted, it worked well.

That's because the VC2 used the color burst for reference to restore the sync. Getting that to work right is a pain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts