sync problems between 6412 and samsung dlp

chidancer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
Lisle Il
have tried unsuccessfully to get into 720 or 1080 from the screen menu on the 6412 through component input 2 or 3...only the 480i or p syncs upon input 1..the others go to a scrambled signal and I have to reattach the composite cables to the first input (480 only) to be able to even see the screen setup when the comcast box is off...anyone experienced this?? voom still working on component input 3

chidancer said:
have tried unsuccessfully to get into 720 or 1080 from the screen menu on the 6412 through component input 2 or 3...only the 480i or p syncs upon input 1..the others go to a scrambled signal and I have to reattach the composite cables to the first input (480 only) to be able to even see the screen setup when the comcast box is off...anyone experienced this?? voom still working on component input 3

Set 4:3 override to "OFF" in the 6412 set up - sorry, I'm at work and don't remember how to get into the Motorola set up, but I had the EXACT same problem when the tech came out to install mine.

HTH

Setup Menu

To change the aspect ratio you need to turn the box off and then press Menu, select ratio and then press off again to save.

have managed to get the 720 working, but the 1080 doesn't sync, possibly due to the native 720 in all samsungs for the moment...the sd channels are sure not up to what I was used to on voom....at least tnt and comcast sports are decent in hd...hoping my voom box maintains the locals after the satellite goes dark friday.. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts