Syracuse CBS (WTVH) HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cdunis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Upsate NY
As an appeal to any Syracuse, NY area people, let's bombard Dish Network's twitter feed with requests for WTVH to be added in HD. It was uplinked last summer, but it is still not available. When I signed up for Dish in 2008 I was told it was coming, but alas it is still not available. Perhaps they could have it live by the Super Bowl. Their twitter feed is @DishNetwork

As an appeal to any Syracuse, NY area people, let's bombard Dish Network's twitter feed with requests for WTVH to be added in HD. It was uplinked last summer, but it is still not available. When I signed up for Dish in 2008 I was told it was coming, but alas it is still not available. Perhaps they could have it live by the Super Bowl. Their twitter feed is @DishNetwork

Cdunis,

It could be available TODAY but only if Dish and WTVH owners' (Barrington Broadcasting ) could come to an acceptable carriage agreement to both companies.

Until a carriage agreement is signed you will not be able to receive WTVH in HD via satellite. You can two choices grin and bear it, or possibly get an OTA Antenna and use the channels OTA channel frequency to receive their HD signals.

Since its been this long I doubt you will see any movement from either company until the contract expires for the Channels SD signal quality carriage via satellite.

I live in Rochester and Dish has yet to carry any local Rochester Stations in HD via satellite. I use the OTA Tuners of my receiver to get Rochester's HD signals, the bonus is I also get the Local sub channels that will are almost never carried by third party providers (Time Warner, Dish, Fios, or DirecTV)

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)