Syracuse football and basketball moved to a local syracuse sports cable channel

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
I live in syracuse ny two years ago the syracuse basketball and football games were played on local tv channel WB.the games that were not played on cbs or espn or espn2.The games are broadcasted by espn plus. Last year the local cable company time warner added a channel for local syracuse sports and moved the games off local to the new cable channel. Now I can't watch syracuse football or basketball. Is there a way to get the syracuse basketball or football on espn full court free?

I'm thinking of dumping cable and going with Dish, but have same fear as I live in Rochester. The local WB station which is owned by cable, broadcast games here too. I can get WB superstation package, but then won't have local affilate, hence no SU games. To be honest, I don't care much about the football part, but do worry about the basketball in January. Thats one of the two thingings stopping me from jumping. Other is issues with the 522.

Doesn't DISH have an NCAA football and basketball package during the fall and spring?

Dish carries ESPN GamePlan (football) and ESPN FullCourt (basketball). These include all the Big East syndicated football and basketball games.

Yeah man go to Dish! That does stink that they did that I live in a collage town ready for football. I would be mad too if they did that but Im on Dish now and most of my team plays their games on ESPN or the Fox Sports West. You might check and see if they have any of their games that might be played on your Fox Sports channel up in that aera. That is if your local cable company carriers it.

Hmm looks like they have some games setup for ESPN and ABC!

2004 Football Schedule

Home Games are in bold
Denotes a Big East game.

Date Opponent Location Time/Result
9/5/2004 Purdue West Lafayette, IN 1:30 p.m. (ABC)
9/11/2004 Buffalo Buffalo, NY 6:00 p.m.
9/18/2004 Cincinnati Syracuse, NY 12:00 p.m. (ESPN Reg. TV)
9/25/2004 Virginia Charlottesville, VA TBA
10/2/2004 Rutgers Syracuse, NY 12:00 p.m. (ESPN Reg. TV)
10/9/2004 Florida State Syracuse, NY TBA
10/21/2004 West Virginia Morgantown, WV 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
10/30/2004 Connecticut Syracuse, NY TBA
11/6/2004 Pittsburgh Syracuse, NY TBA
11/13/2004 Temple Philadelphia, PA TBA
11/27/2004 Boston College Chesnut Hill, MA TBA

You guys got some good home games this year! :)

no all games are were on abc,espn, espn2, and espn plus

Ed_Roch said:
By any chance, do you recall, were the SU games broadcast on Empire last year?
no all games are were on abc,espn, espn2, and espn plus all espn plus games are on the espn full court,game plan, or here in syracuse local sport cable station.

OK, let me re-phrase the question. Last year, most Tuesday nights SU Basketball game was on local WB station. Does anyone recall if that game was actually being broadcast by ESPN, and if so, would it be carried on the Dish EPSN Alt station? Or at least some. There were 4 or 5 games like that. If I could pick up a couple of them through local FOX sports, etc, get it down to missing two or three, might be worthwhile to just go to local watering hole a couple nights a season.

Since local WB station is cable only if I were to pick up the $6 per month sports package, would I likely get a few extra games that way? I know the knock on that package is that most stuff is blacked out, but since local WB affiliate is only broadcast through cable, would the games then be immune to blackout rules?

If I were to go with sports package for basketball season are there fees to add or drop package?

Then all I have to decide if 522 has debugged enough of it's issues to go that way.

None of the games on on fox sports,or on the $6 sport package . espn alt is if espn or espn 2 as more than one thing going on that channel to watch the bball games on dish network like on espn regional games you need espn full court for the bball and for fball you need game plan. here is the football schedule the games that say espn reg it will be on espn game plan. but if you have time warner cable syracuse sports 26 ch you can watch it for free on the channel.http://www.suathletics.com/schedules.asp?path=football

garn9173 said:
correct me if i'm wrong, however, aren't games involving local teams blacked out on the PPV so as to protect the "home telecast"?
if there were on local tv it would be. but the su games are on cable wouldn't be blacked out.

So would ESPN full court carry all of the games? What percentage of games does full court carry? If the game is regually broadcast by ESPN or something, then is it not on game plan? I assume CBS games also would not be on??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)