System check

lloyde6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
So sitting here watching tv at 6:30 pm and the screen on my Hopper 3 goes black then message pops up that your system is running a system check . System rebooted then to the screen saver screen . Had to turn it back on then.
Had it happen once before a while back .
I know HipKat mentioned he had it before . Anyone else ?

Yep, mine has been doing it occasionally still and I had one the other day that did it during install, right after it did the first check switch

Yep, mine has been doing it occasionally still and I had one the other day that did it during install, right after it did the first check switch

That's the first I have seen mine do it since I last posted it a while back.
I guess its not a real big deal unless you are recording something.
Upgraded from 2 625s to a Hopper 3 with 4 joeys in November so obviously I really love the Hopper system aside from some of the bugs . The 16 tuners are just incredible!

Another problem I have had since i got it is if i go into multi view PIP it locks the system up and I have to do a system reset to get back to normal.
HipKat have you come across this problem at all ?

... Another problem I have had since i got it is if i go into multi view PIP it locks the system up and I have to do a system reset to get back to normal.

It locks up if there are SD channels in either of the top 2 quads. It uses the last 4 previous channels that you've viewed so if you view 4 different HD channels then engage MultiView it should work fine.

It locks up if there are SD channels in either of the top 2 quads. It uses the last 4 previous channels that you've viewed so if you view 4 different HD channels then engage MultiView it should work fine.

Thanks for the reply . I will try that.

Reactions: JSheridan

Awesome ! That works as you said as long as I then keep any Sd channels on the lower 2 quads it continues to work .
Tested by tuning to an Sd channel in upper quad and it locked it up again.
At least I can use it now if I watch what channels are where. Hopefully they can get that fixed someday.

Thanks a bunch . Tech support couldn't even tell me that .
They had no idea what was going on !

Awesome ! That works as you said as long as I then keep any Sd channels on the lower 2 quads it continues to work .
At least I can use it now if I watch what channels are where. Hopefully they can get that fixed someday.

You're welcome. That's what we're here for. :)

I'm not holding my breath for a fix to this one, I've been reporting it since the day after MultiView was added.

And one more thing. The lower right quad keeps the correct aspect ratio for 4:3 SD channels, the lower left quad stretches the SD picture out.

The one I use does it at all hours. It won't do it while it's off for hours, but waits until I turn it on to watch something. It also does it while recording. Makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts