System info 6-1-3

intrac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
When I select system info on my ViP 211, the 61.5 sat shows problems. (Error! Select "Details.
119 and 110 are OK.

Details say signal dropouts, but I don't see any.

However, I get all my channels including locals without problem.

Is this happening because of 61.5 problems?

What does Tuner 0 as of Orbital: 14 15 16 21 mean?

repoint time

When I select system info on my ViP 211, the 61.5 sat shows problems. (Error! Select "Details.
119 and 110 are OK.

Details say signal dropouts, but I don't see any.

However, I get all my channels including locals without problem.

Is this happening because of 61.5 problems?

What does Tuner 0 as of Orbital: 14 15 16 21 mean?

Did you select details to find out what the problem was? Also if you are still on those sats you need a repaint for either EA or WA. Your not gettting all the HD channels you should.

Check LNB

The details list a bunch of things such as drop-outs over a period of time, check weather, aiming, etc.

Your right, it could be an LNB. I get a reading of -2 on 7.
All the other readings are 0.

I probably don't qualify for the new HDs anyway -- I've got TURBO Silver + HBO/Starz and locals.

I haven't seen drop outs on any 61.5 Xponders listed in the details.

I'll move completely over to EA once all the locals are all there. My SD locals are on 110 and the HD locals are on 61.5.

When is the 61.5 replacement due?

What you could do is re-point your 61.5 dish to 129. The 61.5 is no longer the HD satellite since now HD is going through 129. At our office we've been going to houses and re-pointing the 61.5 to 129.

My HD locals aren't on 129.

Also, I don't have LOS for 129. Too many trees close by.

What you could do is re-point your 61.5 dish to 129. The 61.5 is no longer the HD satellite since now HD is going through 129. At our office we've been going to houses and re-pointing the 61.5 to 129.
Dish employee? :)

Best answer for any HD subscriber is to be pure arc, either east or west. That means 61.5/72.7/77 or 110/119/129, not any other combination like 61.5/110/119.

I am pretty sure it's not just Gold channels being migrated from 61.5 to 72.7, any HD customer should be able to get a pure EA or WA setup.

Dish employee? :)

Best answer for any HD subscriber is to be pure arc, either east or west. That means 61.5/72.7/77 or 110/119/129, not any other combination like 61.5/110/119.

I am pretty sure it's not just Gold channels being migrated from 61.5 to 72.7, any HD customer should be able to get a pure EA or WA setup.

@pepper - Not exclusively with dish but with a sub con comp at StarWest Satellite.
Yeah here in Washington the HD Locals/HD Channels come out of the 129 sat. Your best bet is to find a way to move the wing 61.5 to a clear LOS to the 129.

My HD locals aren't on 129.

Also, I don't have LOS for 129. Too many trees close by.
Call dish. Need an EA repoint.

You didn't specify where you are but most places that have HD locals on EA, the other locals are there too somewhere. You can always run 110 from your old dish to the LNB-IN port on the EA dish if you still need it.

but, you said you have no problems? then why worry about it. i have checked sys info at my own house and it had logged several thousand dropouts, which i thought was pretty funny since i dont have any programming or pixelation issues. if it works, why worry.
as far as the 110/119/61.5 setup however, you ARE missing hd channels, assuming you subscribe to hd.

but, you said you have no problems? then why worry about it. i have checked sys info at my own house and it had logged several thousand dropouts, which i thought was pretty funny since i dont have any programming or pixelation issues. if it works, why worry.
as far as the 110/119/61.5 setup however, you ARE missing hd channels, assuming you subscribe to hd.
I'm subscribed to what used to be TURBO HD Silver, HBO/Starz and locals.

I doubt if I'm missing any HD since they haven't added anything to this package..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)