"System Info One" guide

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Can somone post a simple guide as to what all the information on the "System Info One" page (MENU 6-1-3) means? I know what some of it means, but I think that a detailed breakdown of what each letter (a-j) represents would be beneficial to myself and others on these forums. Thanks to those that can help out!

Section a tells you the overall status. It should say "Good." Section b, no clue, never used it. Section c tells you whether or not you are connected to the phone line. Red means no, yellow means connected but no dialtone, green means connected and dialtone detected. Section d tells you the receiver model and current software version. Section e tells you your receiver CA ID and your smart card ID. Section f tells you if your HDD is healthy or not. It should be green (unless you don't have a DVR, in which case it will be empty.) Section g is your satellite matrix. It lists the satellites that were detected on the last Check Switch. All satellites listed should be green. Section h lists which switch model you are using, and how many ports it has. Section i lists the remote 1 mode (IR or UHF/Pro/Band,) remote 1 Remote Address, and the TV1 channel out (RF) channel number (if applicable.) Section j is the same as section i except for remote/TV 2.

"b" lists the number of lost tuner locks on tuner 1 and tuner 2 (if a dual receiver) - not sure but I think within the last 48 hrs and it resets itself.

Ah thanks. I don't think that field works properly, as mine says 16 : 40 when I know I haven't lost a signal in a long time. I think it's gone the way of the "STB Health Lite" listing in "details" and the values listed. Don't think anyone uses any of that anymore (maybe whoever refurbishes the receivers still uses the values.)

You should also check Menu+6+3+Counters+PageDowns for the dates and times of Last Connect, Last status update, and Fsck under Hard Drive Counters. A File system check is the Linux term for verifying our hard drive. Look at the temperature to find what is normal for you, High Temp over 140 is pushing it--unfortunately mine are close and have been for a long time in part due to the altitude.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)