System Info showing "yellow" for 61.5

kb2vgp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Oneida County, NY
I am puzzled when I perform a system info (menu 6-1-3) and all receivers show green for 72.7 and yellow and sometimes red for 61.5.

Here is what I have in my system...
I started with a 722k and 211k with a 1000.4 EA dish giving me 77, 72.7 and 61.5. At that time, both receivers showed green on all sats when I went to the system info screen. I recently added a 612 receiver to the system. Since I didn't have extra cable, and didn't want to trench an additional line to the house, I added a DPP44 switch (ground block version) to the system that I had laying around. I originally had 61.5 on port 1 and 72.7 on port 2. When I checked the system info screen it gave me the yellow on 61.5 and green on 72.7. What has me puzzled is that all signal strengths are great (5,7,10 and 12). I'm anywhere from the upper 40s to near 60 depending on the transponder. I subscribe to the Boston/Burlington locals and my spotbeams are strong as well on 23 signal strength [59], 25 [51] and 30 [45]. I decided to swap cables at the LNB to see if there was any problem there placing 72.7 on port 1 and 61.5 on port 2. Same issue on 61.5 on all three receivers. When I go into details, the only thing that I can find is for Value 7 is -2. I don't see anything showing LNB drift, unless that is the line for that. With all signal strengths strong and no loss or pixelation of picture from mainly locals, I can't figure out what is causing the system info to display yellow or red for 61.5.

Ahhh, that's one thing I haven't tried. I will try that later when I am not recording anything on any of the DVRs and report my findings then. Thanks!

Box a says; "Warning! Select "Details" which I explained in my original post the only thing that I wasn't clear on was Value 7: -2. I will try JasonS suggestion tomorrow when I don't have anything recording on any of my DVRs. As I stated before, other than the System Info screen showing the yellow box for 61.5, my signal strengths are about 20 points higher than the minimums required by Dish for my area.

I've only had that message since I've been connected through the DPP44 switch, not when I was connected to the 1000.4 LNB. The message appears on all three receivers, 722k, 211k and the 612.

JasonS@DISH, I did disconnect the switch from the power inserter with no different result. Would it be best to disconnect all three receivers at the switch for about a minute and seeing if that makes a difference? Like I stated before, there is no signal degredation but I am puzzled as to why the system info is displaying yellow and sometimes red for 61.5. Just strange.

Assuming you used the power inserter, check voltage on the outputs on the switch. Use a short coax cable and connect it to the output port. Using a volt meter set to AC, the ground would be the aluminum braiding and the positive the center conductor .Or you can check voltage at each receiver. In this case, the ferule would be the ground and again, the conductor the HOT.BTW, this LNB requires at least 21V for proper operation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)