System Integrity Check

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Hi, I got a little problem and I was wondering if you guys could help me with me it. I've had a 625 DVR for a little over a year. First 11 months I've had it, no problem. Works almost perfectly.

Then 2 weeks ago it just starts running this System Integrity Check, just by random. It looks like it can happen anytime of the day. It takes like 10 to 15 minutes. And since then it's been coming up like every 4 or 5 days. It's kind of annoyed me a little because it's already cut off, interrupted 2 programs I've recorded.

My question is how do I stop this "System Integrity Check" from happening? What do I do to prevent it from happening again?

The default setting is for the System Integrity Check to occur each day in the wee hour of 3AM. However, that can be changed to any other time. In addition, it can be shut off, but I don't recommend that. Go to Main Menu; Preferences; Updates and follow the instructions.

If this is happening at random times, as you've indicated, then your concern should be in contacting Dish Network Technical as something is wrong with the system and the HDD may fail.

The default setting is for the System Integrity Check to occur each day in the wee hour of 3AM. However, that can be changed to any other time. In addition, it can be shut off, but I don't recommend that. Go to Main Menu; Preferences; Updates and follow the instructions.

If this is happening at random times, as you've indicated, then your concern should be in contacting Dish Network Technical as something is wrong with the system and the HDD may fail.
What you are refering to is the Updates, or software downloads. It has nothing to do with the system integrity check. A system integrity check is an indication of an internal malfunction of the receiver. Having it pop up once in a great while is probably of not much concern as it may just have been a glitch in the hardware triggering it, but if it continues to happen on a regular basis then your receiver has developed a problem, and it will most certainly get worse.

Nope the System Integrity Check is occurring along with the Update Schedule...i.e. Daily!

Something must be wrong with the Code! I no longer have the option to update or not update!

from the Menu button ===> Preferences (8) ====> Updates (4)..

I do not have the option to disable Defaults and whatever time I have set it use that time and will reboot the box and perform a System Integrity Check!

It was not doing this before it was as if an update was applied that made it occur and removed the option to receive updates!

Screen Image of My Updates Window on 625

I have attached a file of what the Updates Screen Looks like now for Me (i.e. only suppose to do updates of the Daily Schedule (yeah right...it does a System Integrity Check also)

This needs to be fixed is this something I contact Dish about? I'm not wanting to send in my box since I have recordings on it!

I sitting on the replacement box NOW! Idiots did not tell me I needed a special tool software to snatch my saved DVR shows!

I hate Satellite.....BUT NOW I HAVE NO CHOICE! Dish Network is going to make me switch to DIRECT TV with this OLD CRAP!

U-Verse is Not comming to my area Fast enough!

Attachments

• DishNetWork Change In Preferences Daily Updates.pdf
    40.7 KB · Views: 367
I had the same problem with my 625. I ended up replacing it with a 622. Good luck at DirecTV. Their receivers suck almost as bad as the cable companies'.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts