System update for HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MG1

Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
I want to update my entire system to the new MPEG-4 equipment. I have been away from the forum for several months and after doing some browsing, I was able to find answers to some of my questions. My system is currently comprised of 2 HR10s and 2 DSR-704 (SD TIVO) with the phase 3 dish with an Aspen 4X8 multi-switch, all of which I own. What kind of deal might I expect to get from the retention folks to upgrade the 2 HR10s to HR20s and the 2 DSR-704s to the new SD DVRs, as well as having the new 5 LNB dish and multi-switch installed? I have been a customer since '95 so I would hope to get some kind of deal. Also, what is the most recent phone number for the retention department? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

I want to update my entire system to the new MPEG-4 equipment. I have been away from the forum for several months and after doing some browsing, I was able to find answers to some of my questions. My system is currently comprised of 2 HR10s and 2 DSR-704 (SD TIVO) with the phase 3 dish with an Aspen 4X8 multi-switch, all of which I own. What kind of deal might I expect to get from the retention folks to upgrade the 2 HR10s to HR20s and the 2 DSR-704s to the new SD DVRs, as well as having the new 5 LNB dish and multi-switch installed? I have been a customer since '95 so I would hope to get some kind of deal. Also, what is the most recent phone number for the retention department? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

There is no longer a specific number for retention, call the main number and ask for them.

My system is currently comprised of 2 HR10s and 2 DSR-704 (SD TIVO)

FYI there is no need to upgrade the DSR-704's to the R15 as you won't gain much in functionality if anything. Unless you just want the same UI on all 4 of your units.

As for retention, call the main number and say "cancel service" at the prompt and it will take you to retention directly.

Bonscott87,
Won't the 704s have to be replaced as some point when everything goes mpeg-4? Or, is mpeg-2 going to continue to be used for SD.

Mark

Bonscott87,
Won't the 704s have to be replaced as some point when everything goes mpeg-4? Or, is mpeg-2 going to continue to be used for SD.

Mark

Sd mpeg2 will be there for quite a while. No need to worry about that. There are millions of sd mpeg2 boxes that D* will have to replace when/if they go to mpeg4 sd.

There is no plan to move SD to MPEG4. By the time they might make that transition I'd guess most of the DirecTivo's will have long died due to hard drive failure.

Thanks guys. I didn't realize that they were going to maintain SD on MPEG2. It certainly makes sense and life a little simpler. All I have to be concerned with is getting a deal on upgrading my HR10s to HR20s and installing the new dish and multi-switch.

Mark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts