System Wizard Button on the Remote

citico

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Knoxville, TN
I just received my 922 and got it set up. What does the subject button do? It says to press and hold. I guess I am a little timid at this point.:)

It's accessible through the setup menu as well. It's a wizard that will walk you through backing up your settings/timers/favorites to your remote or receiver. You use the same menu to restore those items if they are ever wiped out or you get a another receiver back from service.

I love this button, if you save the remote/system settings and then the unit goes out, lighting storm took out our 1st 922, then just use the button to reprogram the remote/system. It put our favorites lists and timers back on the remote, all of them. With our old recievers I always needed to redue the lists and system info, it was a small pain. Did I tell you I love this button!!

I love this button, if you save the remote/system settings and then the unit goes out, lighting storm took out our 1st 922, then just use the button to reprogram the remote/system. It put our favorites lists and timers back on the remote, all of them. With our old recievers I always needed to redue the lists and system info, it was a small pain. Did I tell you I love this button!!

You just have to have someway of remembering to do it. Like this post for example, I should run a backup when I get home. I hope someone asks this question again in a couple weeks. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)