System Wizard Every Time I Power Up

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
My 722k reminds me to press "0" to start the System Wizard EVERY time I power up my 722k. Is that normal? It's not the end of the world. But, it is annoying and a waste of time.

Also, I have the inactivity standby timer set to disabled. Yet, often when I come back to the unit, it is in standby, and asks me to press "Select" to watch TV.

The reason I have it deactivated is that I want the buffer to always be active. And, it appears that when it wakes from standby, the buffer starts from scratch. Is that normal, as well?

this would be normal for the first power up of the day as it should be set to take a download at 3am and then it goes to standby.
set a change channel timer for 3:30 am to "wake" it back up

Why don't you push 0 and finish the system wizard to set up your remote controls, then the message will go away?
Because the message doesn't go away after you finish the wizard setup. It comes back everyday - no matter how many times I've tried to finish the system wizard. I actually find it pretty annoying.

Because the message doesn't go away after you finish the wizard setup. It comes back everyday - no matter how many times I've tried to finish the system wizard. I actually find it pretty annoying.

It goes away once you have completed the setup for both the Remote 1 and Remote 2. Pissed me off at first too as I'm using my 722k in single mode and was only using the number 2 remote. On a whim I did the setup for the number 1 remote and the nag screen went away for good. Hope that helps any others that have this problem!

I don't know what would cause it to keep on if both of your remote contols say that they are working with the receiver . Try the DISH tech department and see what they say.

I run in single mode. I don't actually use the Dish remotes - so I had to dig them out and do the Wizard again.

Also, I notice that you have the "Press 0" every time you power up - I only got it the first time the receiver was powered up after the nightly update. Maybe try resetting the receiver and trying to set the remotes again?

As for the buffer, I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that if I start recording a show part way through - it doesn't go back to where buffer starts; it starts when I push record.

Also, I notice that you have the "Press 0" every time you power up - I only got it the first time the receiver was powered up after the nightly update. Maybe try resetting the receiver and trying to set the remotes again?
That's what I'm talking about. The reminder pops up when it comes out of standby. Very annoying. Why would it do that? Or, more accurately, why would an engineer code the SW to do that? It's stupid.

As for the buffer, I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that if I start recording a show part way through - it doesn't go back to where buffer starts; it starts when I push record.
Doesn't it ask you if you want to start the recording from the beginning of the program. Or, are you saying that it doesn't go back to when the buffer started, if it started after the program has already begun?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts