System Work Being Done

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys,

We are proud to be on of the fastest growing vBulletin forum sites on the Internet, we are also proud to be one of the very few sites on the Internet running completely on a 64 bit server and OS.

We are working with vBulletin today on a number of tweeks to improve our system response time and to give some insight to the vBulletin folks on how they can improve their future software to run better in a 64 bit enviroment.

While we are working you might notice some features missing (such as users browsing this forum and thread, and the list of users online) depending if this makes a difference in system speed will determine if these features come back or not.

In addition there may be breif outtages which will last no more then 10 seconds as we reconfigure some of our back end software to work better in the 64 bit world. If you see any errors there is no reason for you to report them, we will be monitoring the error logs in realtime.

Thank you for allowing us to make SatelliteGuys better for you!

Ok anyone seeing any difference? :)

I think they are done for the moment.

We are now monitoring the system.

I have offered Dan space here at SatelliteGuys on our server to host his site. Its up to him if he wants to do it or not. :)

It seems a bit faster to me but I liked the feature where you could see who was online or browsing each forum. A noticable difference thats for sure. This helps those on dialup like me.

Seems like it's just as fast as before, I never considered the new setup slow to begin with.

Keeping in mind, I do not load any graphics.

Perhaps you want to look into ionCubes PHP Accelerator (http://www.php-accelerator.co.uk/), I do not think they have one for 64-bit (they have one for True64 though) as of yet, but I did not look farther for info on 64-bit, but eventually they WILL have one, but this thing is fantastic, you can see 40%+ performance increases. (no it isn't just a compressor, it bascially keeps cached copies of the precompiled static content within dynamic pages, so when someone makes a request, and it is found in the cache, it will do a diff of a precompiled version and just update the dynamic content), oh and it's free.

Scott, what hapened to the list of members who are reading the forum/thread that used to be at the bottom of the forum or top ot the thread listings? An unintended victim of you work today?

Stargazer said:
Look above he explains what happened.
Doh! Paying attention to what I read, that's the secret!

I know how some of these late nights/early mornings can get. Sometimes I dont type right or overlook things or dont think straight. I must look at the computer screen too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)