System work tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There were a few updates that came out while I was away this week. I will be applying them tonight.

If the system goes down it will be for less than 2 minutes. :)

This work will be happening this evening. :)

Huh. I'm back on at 8 and I noticed no pause. Are you finished?

I noticed we were down for 2 or 3 minutes about an hour ago. Been working fine since then.

Yup for the main software update it closes the board as its doing its update.

Think I am about done for tonight.

Please report any strangeness here. :D This software has some new features which I have NOT enabled yet. (Nothing major) but I want to make sure stuff is running ok before playing with it more. :)

When going to a new post, the page jumps to far down to read the start of the new post.

NewPost.JPG

Am I the only one that the problem with the SatelliteGuys Default profile? It looks like when jumping to a new post, it does not take into account the height of the sticky nav bar. The top part of the new post is cut off as in the picture above. I have to scroll up to read the post.

So far, yes you are the only one to report it. I would try clearing your cache and restarting your browser.

I have tested it in a number of browsers without issue.

I tried it on two different Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machines running Chrome version 44.0.2403.107 m. and both had the problem. On IE on the same machines it works fine, so it looks like it is Chrome. I did clear the cache and restarted the browser, still no joy.

Version 44.0.2403.107 m Chrome and all is normal for me.

Tracked it down to an extension called Website IP. Once I disabled it it worked correctly. Something must have changed with the update that made the plug in not work with it.
Website IP.JPG

Reactions: TheKrell
Am I the only one that the problem with the SatelliteGuys Default profile? It looks like when jumping to a new post, it does not take into account the height of the sticky nav bar. The top part of the new post is cut off as in the picture above. I have to scroll up to read the post.

My FF at home on W2K :D and on my Vista machine here at work, I see the expected behavior. But I see a slightly different issue with the sticky nav bar than you do, on FF/W7 which has been going on awhile and I've never figured out what happened. The page loads and leaves the space for the sticky nav bar there by moving down as it should. Unfortunately, the sticky nav bar is stuck at the top of the page as though it weren't sticky. So I get to see some of the previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)