T-Mobile enters television streaming market with T-Vision

I was reading more of the fine print. The $10.00 savings is for the first year. It says you "may need to take action to continue the $10/mo discount", then points you to another section of fine print which does not spell out anything you can do to keep the $10.00 discount. Shady bastards!

You start by looking at the T-Mobile agreement:

YouTube TV: Redeem by June 30, 2021. After trial pay $54.99/mo. including $10/mo. off for 12 months Cancel anytime. Must be 18 years or over. YouTube TV not available in Puerto Rico, Guam, or US Virgin Islands. Excludes T-Mobile for Business customers. Full terms: YouTube TV - FAQs. After 12 months users may need to take action to continue the $10/mo discount on qualifying streaming services.

YouTube agreement:

Standard Free Trial + $10 off/month for 12 months for T-Mobile Wireless and Internet Customerss​

Promotion open to participants subscribing to T-Mobile Wireless or Internet service from April 06, 2021 - June 30, 2021 and must be redeemed by July 31, 2021. Offer redeemable where YouTube TV is available. Standard free trial available for new YouTube TV subscribers who have never participated in a YouTube TV trial. Discount offer available for all T-Mobile customers, regardless if user has enrolled in YouTube TV in the past. Local channel availability may vary. Promotional value of subscription(s) nontransferable, not for resale, and not redeemable for cash. If you are currently subscribed to YouTube TV you will need to cancel your subscription to take advantage of this offer. Valid payment form req’d at sign-up. User will receive standard free trial, if eligible, and then receive $10 discount per month for 12 months (currently $54.99) before being charged price of $64.99/month or then current monthly subscription price. Cancel any time before standard free trial is over at no charge. No refunds for partial billing periods are available. Must be 18 years or older. Google account required. YouTube reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time.
You missed part of it...

After 12 months T-Mobile reserves the right to require billing on your T-Mobile bill to continue $10/mo. discount on qualifying streaming services, consumer action may be required

I got this information from T-mobile twitter DM...

With our transition to our partnership for YouTube TV, you're able to get $10 off as long as you're a T-Mobile/Sprint customer on an eligible rate plan (a few things like prepaid, tablets, and smart watch lines aren't eligible). To make the transition quickly we're offering that unique code which will allow for 12 months. At some point we're going to be moving the billing portion to T-Mobile so it will be charged through us rather than needing to pay Google, so once that happens we'll let you know when it's ready. But as long as you do that once it's available, you'll continue to receive that discount even after 12 months!

You missed part of it...

After 12 months T-Mobile reserves the right to require billing on your T-Mobile bill to continue $10/mo. discount on qualifying streaming services, consumer action may be required
Was that in the fine print, or something you were able to confirm once you started the DM?

It looks like T-Mobile updated the fine print on the main page (tmobile.com/tvision)...

After 12 months, users may need to take additional action to continue the $10/month discount on YouTube TV.  YouTube TV offer is available to current T-Mobile Wireless and Home Internet service customers. Redeem by 7/31/2021. If you're currently subscribed to YouTube TV and wish to take advantage of this offer, you'll need to cancel and reactivate your subscription via the unique SMS you'll receive from T-Mobile.   See full terms

It's now live for anyone with T-mobile to save $10/month on Youtube TV. It does take a couple of days to get the code / link to redeem.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
T-Mobile T-Vision
buffer.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Received my code from T-Mobile and now have Youtube TV for $54.99 for 12 months. Let's see what hoops we have to jump through to keep the $10 off after that.

Originally they said it would take 3-5 business days to get the code, but I received it in 2. It's not a code, but a link to click on that takes you to youtube tv to sign up.

Received my code from T-Mobile and now have Youtube TV for $54.99 for 12 months. Let's see what hoops we have to jump through to keep the $10 off after that.

Originally they said it would take 3-5 business days to get the code, but I received it in 2. It's not a code, but a link to click on that takes you to youtube tv to sign up.
$54.99 for 12 mo or $54.99 a month for 12 months?

They want you to cancel and sign back up. How did that go for you? I was going to wait until the day before my next bill to sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They want you to cancel and sign back up. How did that go for you? I was going to wait until the day before my next bill to sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I signed up with a different email to get the 2 weeks free. I only had a few days left until my next bill anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts