T-Mobile going OTT

Meh. Dish Anywhere works, and is here today. Same for similar offerings.

Yep. I switched to them from the Death Star.

But I think it would have been better to strike a deal with Dish, to get a full suite of offerings out the door on day one.

Reactions: TheKrell
This has me excited especially if their stuff becomes really good, also if they offer contract buyouts it’s gonna be huge. It was a matter of time until T-Mobile was going to add TV service to their resume.

This has me excited especially if their stuff becomes really good, also if they offer contract buyouts it’s gonna be huge.
Those are two gargantuan ifs.

We have DIRECTV Now as an example of how AT&T has approached OTT and it seems glacially slow to become anything near "really good".

T-Mobile is partnering up with a company that knows how the deploy a cloud service, the UI looks promising and extremely simple. Plus looks like they implementing Netflix with in the app. I’m sure if anything it will probably take off middle of next year. Directv now imo has been slow and the service sucks without dvr...they are moving at a snail pace. The guide is awful to navigate on Apple TV and clunky...

If they are missing a must-have channel or two, a fully functioning DVR (no restrictions on what channels can be recorded/fast-forwarded), and not available on Roku or FireTV, it's a DOA non-starter for me... just like every other OTT live TV service released since PS Vue.

Reactions: tigerfan33
Kinda like the YouTube TV (which just became available with my DMA locals) maybe they're missing Viacom channels. I can't check on Layer3's web site as my Zip Code isn't one they support.

Reactions: GioGoof

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)