T-mobile home internet compatibility with dish hardware?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only internet we have at home is Tmobile wifi hostpot. We have to turn on a hotspot on one of our tmobile phones. The Hopper Duo we have works fine with that. I set the password once and I have reconnected numerous times by simply turning my hotspot on and waiting a few minutes. I don't think you will have an issue with tmobile internet not being compatible.

You should not have any issues between the hotspot and your dish equipment. (We had 722k and connected to our T-Mobile phones via hotspot, no problems.) However, we did have excellent cell coverage where we lived so still had good signal indoors. If you have good signal strength, you should be fine. If you have poor signal quality on your phone, then you might have issues~but that goes for any cell provider.

Reactions: joewhite57
You should not have any issues between the hotspot and your dish equipment. (We had 722k and connected to our T-Mobile phones via hotspot, no problems.) However, we did have excellent cell coverage where we lived so still had good signal indoors. If you have good signal strength, you should be fine. If you have poor signal quality on your phone, then you might have issues~but that goes for any cell provider.

I am currently with xfinity for internet . $50 a month with 25Mbps speed and very consistent speeds. I had a offer drone T-mobile for the same price for 50 Mbps. I currently don’t have a problem with speed or service, but if my speed could double at the same price plus a WiFi modem with battery backup. Also a concern is peak period when bandwidth could become restricted. I went from xfinity with no problems to att Uverse with terrible peak time buffering. Back to xfinity that is currently great. It’s as if the grass looks greener, but never is.

I think the OP is referring to T-Mobile's relatively new LTE home internet service that is supposed to be 50 Mbps for $50/month, not a traditional hot spot.

The T-Mobile gateway has two LAN ports. Just run an ethernet cable from one of the ports to the desired device, or pick up a switch if you need more ports.

To the OP, I'm not familiar with Comcast's pricing and I know if varies by area, but $50 for 25 Mbps seems high. I would contact them to make sure you're not on some old discontinued plan. LTE has higher latency then cable, although it's not too bad. I would imagine T-Mobile provisions the gateway for 50 Mb, but in my experience on smartphones, the speed is very volatile. For example, I can max out at around 150 Mbps by the tower near where I work, but I could do 5 speed tests in a row, no matter the time a day and get varying results from 75 to 150 standing in the same spot. T-Mobile is being very selective on who they sell this service to, so if your address qualifies, I would assume you would have minimal problems.

Reactions: joewhite57

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts