Tailgater/Vuqube

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
Does anyone know which model Vuqube the tailgater is going to be? Will it automatically switch between satellites or will the operator be required to manually switch them?

At that price, I doubt that it even gets all three sats. I paid $649 for my automatic Winegard Carryout. If it gets all three automatically, then its a GREAT deal.

It picks up 110, 119, and 129. All the customer has to do is input what state they are in and the Tailgater points itself. It is different than the Vuqube models. It is designed to work only with the 211k. $499 to buy the Tailgater and a 211k. Pretty cheap/awesome deal.

Inputting the state is different. My King dome just finds the satellite. Do you know if it automatically switches to the correct satellite based on the channel on the tuner? I already have a 211K. Is there something special I have to do to it? Can I still use it as a DVR?

Inputting the state is different. My King dome just finds the satellite. Do you know if it automatically switches to the correct satellite based on the channel on the tuner? I already have a 211K. Is there something special I have to do to it? Can I still use it as a DVR?
Yes, it switches satellites with the channel changes and it very quick. There is not anything special you would need to do. They have pushed back the release date but we will update when it is available for purchase. Yes, you would still have the ability to connect the EHD.

If you already have a 211k you can use it but you may need a software update to it for it to work with the Tailgater. You can use the EHD and use it as a DVR also.

Perfect! It's exactly what I have been looking for with a much smaller price than a VuQube 2000.