Tailgating Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jas2

Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Last week we tried for the first time to set up our Dish Network at out tailgate in Ann Arbor, MI. We have an oval dish (friend of mine) with a single LNB and my second receiver from my home. We had signals at my house and another location as we tried this out prior to the tailgate. At the tailgat we got ESPN but no locals. Called Dish and they tried to help but couldn't. Then we lost ESPN and couldn't watch anything. I NEED HELP. Do I need a Dual LNB? Also, with a single LNB do I run one cable to the reciever split into both satellite feeds, or two from LNB directly into both satellite feeds on the reciever? Or is there something else I'm missing. Please help the next game is Saturday!

I believe this a dual tuner reciever. We may have access to a Dish 1000 would that help with this type of reciever. I can also get a dual LNB to use with the dish. I am assuming the dual and 3 LNB would search for more satellites? What about the setup with the cables? Any help is appreciated.

Please more accurate information on the equipment you are using. Model# of receiver on back of receiver or on sys info screen. Is the dish a DISH Network dish or a Directv or a generic? What LNB were you trying to use?

What I would consider the optimum setup would be a dish 500 with a DP Twin LNB and a DP301 receiver. Relatively simple to setup and low in cost.

What I would consider the optimum setup would be a dish 500 with a DP Twin LNB and a DP301 receiver. Relatively simple to setup and low in cost.

Simple yes, optimum no. ;)

At my tailgate I have a Dish 1000.2 with a 722. That my friend is optimum.

Simple yes, optimum no. ;)

At my tailgate I have a Dish 1000.2 with a 722. That my friend is optimum.
That is your right to define optimum as a lot of money invested in equipment to be damaged and difficulty in aiming for three satellites especially 129 for 5 hours of entertainment.:)

Hehe, fair enough. But actually the 1000.2 isn't hard at all. I can usually hit all three birds in about 3-4 mins from my regular tailgate spot at UT. It really isn't much money as the 1000.2 is only $85 from Dishstore:
The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25

And 5 hours? What kind of tailgating are you doing. I'm there for the day! We're talking 10 hours minimum :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)