taking my 722 with me camping

pokerman11

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
NE ohio
New to DISH network. Have a 722k and a turboHD installed.

Going on an extended campout and want to take my 722 with me. NOt worried about using it while driving, but need to find a portable dish for use while parked.

Will a 500 dish work? - I don't need HD while campig) IF not the 500 then what type of dish shoudl I look at getting. The turboHD is just too big

thanks

A dish 300 (18") will see 1 satellite and is the easiest to aim, just azimuth and elevation.

Dish 500 looks at 119 & 110 (20") a little harder to aim needs azimuth, elevation and skew set to get both satellites.

Dish 1000 in many forms looks at 3-4 satellites and is hardest to aim

All can be used for camping, a switch test on the 722 will match the receiver to any of the dishes.

I use a single dish and live with programing from one of the 3 sat's The 110 has a lot to watch and some HD. It is easy to aquire one bird as you only deal with 2 dimentions. I have not had much luck getting the 129. Want a challenge add a 3rd demention skew, lot of difficulty. You will have to do a check switch when you are done and the quide will even be correct. The networks are spot beamed so once very far from home they will be lost. Martha

i have used the Dish500 setup and after the first time found it easy to aim. The first time is always the hardest. Just make sure your skew and elevation are right and that the tri-pod is level.

BTW, you don't have a TurboHD dish. They painted that on several different model dishes.

Yes. There is a program by zip code. Sorry I can't look it up now.

tedb3rd said:
Dishpointer.com can help aim too. Link is at top of this page.

Put in your zip code in the check switch screen, ( menu 6 1 1). It will tell you elevation and azimuth. Good luck with skew. All depends on where you arw what angle it needs to be put in.

You did not mention what your power supply will be. If you are running off of an inverter you will need a large battery. My 722k will draw about 15-20 amps from the inverter battery. I use a generator when I am out and about. Problem most camp grounds do not allow generators after 10 pm or so.
If you are camping at a location that has power then there is no issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)