Tale of two 612's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I see the newer posts about the 722 series from time to time recording programs in two parts, or only recording the first few minutes. I felt since the 612 is a different receiver I would post separately about it.

I have two 612's that seem to behave differently. I have exchanged their locations in the house, they both have the same software download, and continue to be different.

1. One of the 612's (call it 1)once in a while will do what the 722 is apparently doing, recording only the first few minutes of show, or breaking it into two parts. It has nothing at all to do with the time it is set to download and reboot each night.
My other 612 (2) has never done it, had both the same amount of time.

2. This same 612 (1) always gets the automatic program downloads from dish - the advertisements if you will, when you go to the menu - 3 TV Entertainment. The other one only rarely gets these downloads.

3. 612 (2) loses internet connection every few days. (again, no matter where I have it hooked up) while 612 (1) has never lost it.

4. 612 (2) every once in awhile does not download the newer program guide after it has automatically updated at night. I don't believe 612 (1) has ever had to been forced to upload the program guide.

So my question. Why? lol... is there something different about some of the 612's made? Do others see these things? Over all they perform very well.

Change the update time of one of them so they are not the same time.
I have no idea if that will fix anything but its worth a try
menu 8-4 ,15 min. apart should do it

You could try (factory reset) both of them ,but what a hassle you wold need to know how to re-setup everything and would loose all the timers recordings ect...

Last edited:
Well I had not thought of a factory reset. If it starts to really bother me I will do that. So far the recording problem is very rare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)