Talk me off the ledge please

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
I have been a Dish sub for about 6 years. I am currently choking through a 921 unit as I love HD stuff. That being said, I live in the Philly area and Comcast is now offering the Motorola HD/DVR unit. They do offer a bit more HD than DISH now with the addition of Discovery.

My dilemma : I am being pulled back to the evil cable co. with the lure of 3 DVR/HD units for my three HDTV's. (Price 9.95 for 1, 18.85 for each additional per month.) also dual tuners coming end of Aug.

My new cable bill with 3 HD/DVR's, all premiums, Sportschannel in HD and internet will be 165.00 with Dish Buy Back promo.

My old bill cable (had to have it for philly sports channel) + internet = 95.00 and DISH All everything 100.00.

Could someone please give me a reason not to switch back. Satan is tempting me.

"Thank you for calling Comcast Customer Service. All operators are assisting other customers at this time. Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will be with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for calling Comcast Customer Service. All operators are assisting other customers at this time. Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will be with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for calling Comcast Customer Service. All operators are assisting other customers at this time. Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will be with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for calling Comcast Customer Service. All operators are assisting other customers at this time. Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will be with you as soon as possible."

:D

bnaivar said:
"Thank you for calling Comcast Customer Service. All operators are assisting other customers at this time. Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will be with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for calling Comcast Customer Service. All operators are assisting other customers at this time. Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will be with you as soon as possible."

:D

..............click......bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt

bdemz said:
I have been a Dish sub for about 6 years. I am currently choking through a 921 unit as I love HD stuff. That being said, I live in the Philly area and Comcast is now offering the Motorola HD/DVR unit. They do offer a bit more HD than DISH now with the addition of Discovery.

My dilemma : I am being pulled back to the evil cable co. with the lure of 3 DVR/HD units for my three HDTV's. (Price 9.95 for 1, 18.85 for each additional per month.) also dual tuners coming end of Aug.

My new cable bill with 3 HD/DVR's, all premiums, Sportschannel in HD and internet will be 165.00 with Dish Buy Back promo.

My old bill cable (had to have it for philly sports channel) + internet = 95.00 and DISH All everything 100.00.

Could someone please give me a reason not to switch back. Satan is tempting me.

Just hang on for a little while longer and switch to Voom when they offer a DVR.

I say go with Cable. Nobody (including pitiful VOOM) can touch Cable's HD lineup at this current moment, and they are adding channels very often. Unlike Dish and Direct. If I had access to Time Warner again, I'd drop dish like a hot rock. Unfortunately, I only have access to some obscure pitiful cable company in my apartment complex that is about 15years behind the technology curve. So in my case, Dish is the best option.

Do you need an HD/DVR for all three TVs?

Get one HD/DVR (HD-Tivo) for your HDTV and a regular DTivo for your other two.

If you are referring to the Motorolla 6208 that has the 80-gig hard drive you will be in for a disappointment recording no more than 6-8 hours of HD.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)