Taller Mast

Hart5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Temple, Pa
I need a mast that raises the dish about 6 inches more than the standard one that comes with the D* phase 3 dish. I need to get over a nieghbors tree.

WINEGARD DS-3000 “J” PIPE MOUNT
DS-3000 J Pipe Mount for small dish or antenna
Winegard’s DS-3000 J-Pipe mount is designed for outdoor antennas. Can be used on side of house or roof; mount foot can be used on either end of pipe for best mounting. Pipe galvanized steel, 39 inches long, with a wall thickness of .060 inches, 1.66" OD, E-Coated for maximum protection. (Note: Not designed for large antennas.) I tried it on my roof but it didn't work out for me due to my neighbors tree is in the way my next option is a gallon of "Round Up". This mast is ideal for std. Sat. dish or smaller OTA HD antenna's I attempted to use it on my SS-2000.

2e_1_b.JPG

$25 shipped within Continental US or local pickup preferred in San Jose, Ca Area.

That mast may cure 1 problem but lead to another. The fulcrum point is the same but the lever is longer so it will be more susceptible to wind pressure moving the dish.

How about a $14.00 tripod and a $6.00 line post. Should be able to find the fence post at any home improvenemt store, cut to size and attach it to the tripod. I've used this method several times. Never had any problems yet.

You may find it better to relocate your dish to clear your neighbor's tree horizontally instead of trying to clear it vertically. By raising the dish 6" you may clear the tree now, but trees grow and you will eventually find yourself back in the same situation you are now in.