Tampa HD locals

What's taking Dish so long to get Tampa Fl up

AFIK, Dish never made any announcement about uplinking Tampa locals in HD. That's what finally drove me to the dark side.

Maybe they're waiting for channel 10 to get their act together...which might be awhile. I can almost see the channel 10 tower from my house, but OTA is iffy at best. Brighthouse cable isn't much better, so the problem doesn't appear to be my setup. My guess is that they have either major equipment problems or major operator malfunctions. :(

If Dish would do Tampa HD, I'd be back in a flash...even with channel 10 popping in and out of HD.

Sent an email yesterday to ceo@dishnetwork.com about Tampa HD and got this response:

Thank you for your E-mail and bringing your concerns to our attention.

We appreciate your feedback and your continued service. We are planning to add more locals in HD in the future. Unfortunately, we do not have specific dates or times that they may be available. We do not have a list of probable additions to locals in HD but I can assure you we are aggressively pursuing adding further stations.

Thanks

Executive Communications

In St. Petersburg I can pick up all the OTA HD biggies with a $50 HD antenna from Radio Shack. They all come in great with little fuss tuning the antenna. I also subscribe to BHN, where I usually watch the HD feeds of the networks, since I have the DVR. Lastly, I have Dish for the HD Voom pack and Starz in HD. I found I have a pretty good mix I am happy with and money isn't much of an object since it grows on trees....

I have....

Living Room/office -
30" old skool Philips HD TV with no built in HD turner
BH HD-DVR- All digital, crappy encore movie pack, HBO with on-demand and HD, Showtime with on-demand and HD, Cinemax with on-demand and NO HD (Yet!). A pretty good mix of HD national channels and all my locals. Dish HD Vip211 with HD programming (many of the channels I don't get with BH plus VOOM) and StarzHD, Starz subscription. No HBO, Cinemax, TMC, or Showtime on the Dish. The only thing available on Dish that I don't have on Brighthouse that I don't get is the NGC channel in HD. I am not about to pay for the America's 200 pack or whatever just to get that one channel. In fact, if I could I'd just get Voom and Starz through Dish. Although I guess it is nice having HGTV and a few others in HD that BH doesn't offer. Anyway, in the Living Room/office I also have a sh!tty DVD player, slingbox classic and 8 security cameras with 2 13" TVs to display the camera feeds.

So in the bedroom,
I have a BHN HD-DVR with all the same channels plus a Dish DVR. I have the $50 Radio Shack HD OTA antenna, Slingbox Pro, 2 more security cameras, Windows Media Center PC with DVR, Pinnacle capture device, Xbox 360 and the HD-DVD add on, Wii, set top DVD burner... 46" Sony 3LCD HDTV. I also have 500+ SD DVDs. I have about 25 HD-DVD movies and am waiting for the stand alone Blu-Ray players to fall below $500. I don't want a PS3 I don't think.

The down side to all this is that I have no time to enjoy any of it. I work so much paying for it, I can't sit back and enjoy it often enough at all.

I am an entertainment/electronics junkie.

I guess I got off topic too but the point is in Tampa Bay, who cares if they add the HD locals to Dish.. the OTA antenna from RS is pretty darn good.

I got tired of waiting for WPB locals (i'm in PSL) so I picked up a cheap Terek OTA antenna for my locals (get everything but WPEC) and "moved" to Ft Lauderdale. I just picked an address in map quest and made sure my billilng address was kept the same. Now I have Miami HD's, suprising how much even the local programming is in HD like the news and such, and I also have my local OTA for news which is all I'd use it for.

Solved my problem.

How do you go about getting Miami locals with E*? I'm assuming you still live in PSL. I understand about getting a local address but do you have to have a local telephone line hook up to your equipment?

How do you go about getting Miami locals with E*? I'm assuming you still live in PSL. I understand about getting a local address but do you have to have a local telephone line hook up to your equipment?

I'm still living in PSL. I told them:

1. Due to work I'll be at XYZ address (inside the miami area for locals, the spot beams aren't an issue unless you are way out of the area they cover almost all of FL). Told them dish was already isntalled and my receiver hooked up and working but I wanted to let them know just in case.

2. Told them my billing address will remain at my current address. Thats where my credit card goes so if you change that you dont' get your money. They didn't care.

3. He asked if my phone # changed and I told him I used vonage and the number travels with me. I really don't use vonage but that part really isn't important.

He confirmed my changes, updated the account and by the time i got to my receiver I had the miami locals in HD. Easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts