TBS 6920 dc cable

armadillo_115

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Virginia
I took a chance on a cheap used TBS 6920 card off E-bay to play with. It apparently doesn't come with the dc power cable.

1) Does anyone know what type cable, voltage, pin-out, etc is needed? I'll need to rig something up and so far I have not found much info online. One hit said a floppy drive cable works but doesn't lock on. IDK

2) Is the cable necessary if looped out with a stb supplying lnb power? (Not my preferred method)

Any other tips welcomed.

Thanks!

I have found other info that says the 6920 does not use a dc cable. Very scant info online concerning this board. Guess I'll know for sure when it comes in and I can look at it.

Armadillo, get yourself a cheap 5520SE. It will blind scan in EBS pro, although slow, but will get you the music choice channels on 125W C-band if you are equipped for C-band.

Did it require you to make a DC power cable?

sgs
No, this card doesn't use a power cable.

Armadillo, get yourself a cheap 5520SE. It will blind scan in EBS pro, although slow, but will get you the music choice channels on 125W C-band if you are equipped for C-band.
No more than I plan to use it... I can get by without blind scan. I got it mainly just to play around with.

I haven't gotten diseqc switching to work in DVBDream/Windows. It defaults to the dish on port 2 regardless how I config it. Will not switch to the dish on port 3. (1 and 4 are empty) I don't feel like messing with it much yet.

Kernel compiled and installed firmware in Linux. Haven't gone further... not sure what program to use. And now there is already a kernel update! lol

DVB dream is lacking support big time, but the diseq should work. Not aware of your setup, but a multi switch works fine for me. Just get tired of dream reverting back to asking for key if I don't use it for a couple weeeks. Have found DVBviewer much better, but a little tougher to use, have to right click to get channel selection, and have not found a good way to organize them.

Oops... I never installed the diseqc switch.Might be why it wasn't switching. lmao.

I fed that one coax directly into the multi-switch on the main bud. The last day I worked on those cables is a blur.

I may play around with the card setup some more today.
Or I may just go back to bed.

I got everything working to suit my basic needs in Win-10. Well, except adding a diseqc switch so I can switch to the other Bud. (Not very important) Nice to be able to watch Grit Tv, Movies, etc when Mama confiscates the main tv.

Using the demo version of DVBDream. TBSViewer was problematic for me. I'll try out some different Windoze apps later.

I've done limited reading on using this card in Linux. Any tips to an EASY program to use in Linux? Anything GUI based??? All I want is my channels scanned in so I can watch them on my PC. Not interested in streaming by lan.

Maybe a way to copy my DVBDream Sat/Channels lists over to Linux?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)