TBS Card UHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Has TBS put out a card that is able to handle all the data rates for all the UHD channels? I saw the TBS6908, but it looked as if it still has limitations on data rates that seemed not fully suited for UHD?

Stated in Specs :
Wide range symbol rates support from 1Msps to 45Msps

How high does UHD get?

Someone in WUT mentioned finding a feed with SR of 31493, bitrate of over 80Mbps. Post's title starts with the location of the bird then "4K ******* ******* Feed". A TBS UBS device choked on it (seemed to overheat) but an internal card would probably work. Maybe invest in an extra case fan just in case?

Someone in WUT mentioned finding a feed with SR of 31493, bitrate of over 80Mbps. Post's title starts with the location of the bird then "4K ******* ******* Feed". A TBS UBS device choked on it (seemed to overheat) but an internal card would probably work. Maybe invest in an extra case fan just in case?

Wow, 80Mbps... Yea, as stated in the specs, the TBS Professional card won't handle that kind of datarate. Is there a TBS 6908 user here that can comment?

iBoston I think you misinterpreted the specs. The symbol rate of the transponder is not the same thing as the data rate of the channel encoded ON the transponder.
On the 4K transponder channel mentioned above the symbol rate is 31493 which is well within the 6908's 45000 symbol rate spec. On the 4K transponder mentioned the data rate is 80Mbps which is well within the 6908's 190Mbps data rate spec. Titanium was using his 6983 to view it live so I would imagine the 6908 would be able to handle it. I do not have a 6908 yet ..... I have a 6925.

Reactions: N6BY and iBoston
iBoston I think you misinterpreted the specs. The symbol rate of the transponder is not the same thing as the data rate of the channel encoded ON the transponder.
On the 4K transponder channel mentioned above the symbol rate is 31493 which is well within the 6908's 45000 symbol rate spec. On the 4K transponder mentioned the data rate is 80Mbps which is well within the 6908's 190Mbps data rate spec. Titanium was using his 6983 to view it live so I would imagine the 6908 would be able to handle it. I do not have a 6908 yet ..... I have a 6925.

Your right, maybe i mis-read the specs... Let me re take a look.

The challenge is getting a video card that can keep up with10-bit (High Dynamic Range) UHD at 60fps. Might cost more than the tuner card.

Currently the K1 + is the only STB I know of that can do 10-bit 60fps UHD. But it can't do 16APSK.

The HiSilicon 3798C and the appropriate demodulator chip can do all of the above. 3798C boxes for IPTV only are shipping now. Hopefully in a few months they'll offer one with DVB-S2 input.

Reactions: iBoston
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)