TBS-HD Getting Better

I certainly agree with everyone that TBS-HD has been a terrible disappointment. I believe TBS is going to be delivering Sunday Afternoon exclusive baseball this season. I hope those games are in HD. Also, is there any hope for NASCAR carry over from TNT that might be in HD? Just looking for some silver linings.

What I can't understand is why TBS is so bad, labling programs that are HD when clearly they aren't while TNT while hated for their stretch-o-vision, at least shows HD content when it's labled as HD. As mentioned in a prior post on night both networks were showing the same movie, TNT was in HD, TBS was an upconvert but labled as HD.

My understanding is that Everybody Loves Raymond wasn't available in HD, however, it will be soon... (see below) - I don't think the choice for that was TBS's. Now, if after 3/17, we don't see it in HD, then there would be a reason to complain.

The syndicated Everybody Loves Raymond will be available in High-Definition starting March 17.

That's according to an article by Broadcasting & Cable Magazine.

The sitcom starring Ray Romano has been a ratings hit in syndication following its long run on CBS. The syndicated show is offered to local stations, which can air the 30-minute repeats when they choose.

But although the show is now seen in hundreds of markets, many local stations may opt not to air the high-def version due to a lack of equipment necessary for the broadcast.

In addition, B&C reports that the first three seasons of Raymond were not shot in HD and therefore will have to be remastered for syndicated high-def broadcast.

Everybody Loves Raymond will be the second network sitcom to go high-def in syndication. The first: Two and a Half Men. Game shows Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! are also available in syndication in HD.

Raymond creator Phil Rosenthal tells B&C that the high-def switch is landmark.

“I jumped up and down to hear that my little TV show was getting this royal treatment,” says Rosenthal. “I think it will pay off because everyone is getting HDTVs. When I'm watching TV, I look for content in HD, almost whether I'm interested in the show or not. This is the future, and it will be marvelous to have what we worked on preserved in High-Definition.”

Well, this pretty much explains why none of the rerun TV shows on any network aren't HD, there are only three sydicated programs that have been released in HD for syndication. So now, we really can't complain to TBS about that. Now, for the movies, there is no excuse, yet.

It appears that TBS-HD is at least showing a majority of its movies in HD, as well as its new show "10 items or less." I would have to say its about time to stop putting TBS-HD down. It appears everything available in HD is being shown in HD now. What do you all think?

Bull. Name one movie they've shown in HD. All they are doing is stretching an SD version of the movie. I think you're being fooled because they are doing the thing where they stretch the edges more than the middle, now.

As one of the 4 fans of 10 Items or Less (in addition to the 2 in England and 1 in China who gets it on Bootleg Satellite), I'm not convinced that it's really in true High Def. The picture doesn't seem as crisp as the High Def shows on Network TV.

It appears that TBS-HD is at least showing a majority of its movies in HD, as well as its new show "10 items or less." I would have to say its about time to stop putting TBS-HD down. It appears everything available in HD is being shown in HD now. What do you all think?

QUOTE]Bull. Name one movie they've shown in HD. All they are doing is stretching an SD version of the movie. I think you're being fooled because they are doing the thing where they stretch the edges more than the middle, now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you arrived late in the game, read my other posts where I admit I was wrong.

As one of the 4 fans of 10 Items or Less (in addition to the 2 in England and 1 in China who gets it on Bootleg Satellite), I'm not convinced that it's really in true High Def. The picture doesn't seem as crisp as the High Def shows on Network TV.

I am sure they film it in HD, or at least 16:9. It is not stretched. Hey, baby steps.

Although I didn't scream about TBS HD in the MLB playoffs, yes I am very happy. If the HD station wasn't available to us, they couldn't even attempt to put the content up there. we have pretty much figured out why the sydicated network reruns aren't in HD, the HD hasn't been released to anyone. That is going to change soon for a least a few shows.

Can't show HD content thats not available, and can't show HD content when the channel isn't there. We have the channel, that is one step. So yes, I am very happy.

Clicked over to "10 Items or Less" last night on the sole basis of this thread... yyyyyyyeah thats not HD folks. You really didn't notice the fact that its stretched out? really?

Although I didn't scream about TBS HD in the MLB playoffs, yes I am very happy. If the HD station wasn't available to us, they couldn't even attempt to put the content up there. we have pretty much figured out why the sydicated network reruns aren't in HD, the HD hasn't been released to anyone. That is going to change soon for a least a few shows.

Can't show HD content thats not available, and can't show HD content when the channel isn't there. We have the channel, that is one step. So yes, I am very happy.

I agree except for the stretching and false labeling. Leave it in oar 4:3
and dont label it hd on the show info.

Yes, labeling it as HD is Bullsh!t. I agree! As more people get HD and complain to them they will correct their errors.