Tbs Hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
According to an article on MLB.com, TBS will begin broadcasting baseball playoff games next season and regular season games in 2008.

The Turner deal means TBS will air all Division Series games (going to TNT if there is overlap), as well as any regular-season tiebreaker games and the All-Star Selection Show, which had been on ESPN. In addition, beginning in 2008, TBS will televise a select window of MLB games on 26 Sunday afternoons.

Has anyone heard whether TBS HD may be coming in the near future?

They broadcast HD in atlanta right now, so all they'd need to do is create a superstation version and have dish pick it up

Yep, BFG is right. I watch Braves games on TBS OTA (in HD) all the time. Great Picture!

hpman247 said:
just curious, but does this mean that TBS wont be showing braves games the majority of the time now.
Yep, they are going down to only 40 games/year in '07, with the rest being shown on Turner South.
Makes me almost miss the old days of my dad sending me outside at 7:35pm every night to fine tune the antenna to bring in WTBS. Was very tricky as we were over 50 miles away from the transmitter. Cable didn't come to his house until 1991.

I wish I could get TBS-HD. Then I would drop all of my sd channels and be nothing but HD. The only channels holding me back are FOOD (for my wife) and TBS but Food should be coming soon right? That sucks that they're not going to have as many Braves games though. They're about the only baseball that I watch.

TBS HD would be nice since they have a contract with the Big 12 for college football.

They could just have thier games on a special events channel like TNT-HD did with NBA games before TNT-HD was actually launched as a 24/7 channel.

woah slow down, it's not even available to be carried yet, but yeah if they added it they'd place it in Bronze...

I would just like to know why TBS shows baseball in the first place? I mean they are about funny stuff and I love their line up but whats with baseball? In no way is baseball funny?

Because the Braves and TBS have/had a relationship and thus have broadcasted games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)