TBS & TNT Basketball

sam_gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Lexington, ky
Watching on my 211. Both TBS & TNT has had some serious "macro blocking" issues. I only see it on the main game camera, when they're showing replies or the low angle, or a closeup, it looks nice and sharp. But when the players are running down the court, they just don't look sharp.

Either I'm having problems with my receiver or the compression settings are terrible.

My signal strengths are as follows:
TBS (129): 60
TNT (119): 63

Anyone else notice?

I'll add that I don't really see much macro blocking, rather the picture is just soft. This is on 75in TV sitting about 12ft away.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I'll add.... It's NOT Dish. First, it is soft I just looked again and it's the same they were earlier, both are not normal. BUT, it's the same on Brighthouse on my In Laws TV. Also, when I go from TNT or TBS to HBO the difference is very noticeable, HBO is a very good picture.

Reactions: primetimeguy
Agreed. No macroblocking on mine, but the full court camera view is soft. I have H3 with a sony xbr65850c.

That's what we're ta
Seen no problems at all with Mediacom in Des Moines, using Insignia LED TV.

Yes there was on the main floor shots if you mean last night. Today it is sharp.

no problems with Comcast in Minneapolis

Ice, there was a problem last night, easy to see the main floor was very soft, today it is sharp. I first saw it on my In Law's Brighthouse, thought there was a problem with their TV or Brighthouse till I saw the same on DISH. After I posted last night I realized it appeared to be the main floor shot.

For me I'd say the channels look about how I'd expect from DISH, just ok, not great. CBS via OTA antenna beats them both. ?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Yep. The ESPN feeds have been looking bad too, but I chalk good bit of that to Dish. Since the H3 has been having OTA recording issues we have been watching all the local shows on Sat that we dvr'd, the PQ just aint good. Soft, blocking, etc...

The current level of DIsh compression is good for about a 40" display, unless you sit a long way away. Im about 9 feet from a 65" and its not great. Good sometimes, but others are bad like FX. AHS is HORRIBLE.

Their rebranding has actually been great and the campaign has gotten positive reactions in the media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which in itself isn't worth a hill of beans if it does not have the programming to drive increased viewership.

Adding my two cents, it's pixelated on CBS badly too. All live sports are pixelated for me though. It doesn't look like this on other channels and shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)