TCL S435 Roku TV and dish remote 54.0 need some assistance (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

gmitchell

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 12, 2007
Southeast Ohio
Hello all,
I have a TCL 55 inch S435 Roku TV that works well with a hopper with sling receiver and I could use the dish 54.0 remote to turn on TV and select the Dish receiver with out using the Roku remote. Recently I had to replace the hopper receiver and when the tech changed it out I cannot get the 54.0 remote to do what is stated above. I have tried all the codes with the TCL TV to match up with the Dish remote but I cannot reproduce what I had with the old receiver. I can turn on the TV and the receiver but I have no control over the TV after that. I have to use the Roku remote to get the TV to move over to the Dish box. Once I have done that the Dish remote works as designed. If anyone knows how to incorporate the two remote so I only have to use the Dish remote, that would be great. Sorry for the long post but I waned to make it clear what the problem is......Clear as mud...right. Thanks in advance.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Typically, TCL is pretty simple. You can try the Roku settings. Although there aren't many of them or try to "teach" the remote but that's a crap shoot that typically takes several attempts before everything works.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users who are viewing this thread