*Amc 14 Launch Update
*New HD Channels
*HD Viewing Tips
* TV Sports Goes Interactive
*Improved Technical Support
*Digital Transition Update
*Trivia Givaway
*Live Q & A

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on the AMC 14 Launch with Dave Bair
* DBS Satellite with 32 High Powered Channels
* Launched March 15th
* Proton Booster Bries M upper stage responsible for putting satellite in proper orbit, 1 burn successful out of 3, 2nd burn wasn't long enough putting satellite in lower than planned orbit.
* Proper Orbit could not be reached with fuel onboard with the old mission plan.
* Launch Mass of AMC 14 was 5,000-6,000 kilograms and of that mass about 50% is actually fuel. On a normal launch half of that fuel is used to get to orbit and the remaining half is used for the normal mission life and to put in proper orbit would use this up.
* Lunar flyby trajectory considered but it would take 1-2 years to accomplish and again not much fuel would remain.
* Satellite considered a Total Constructive Loss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric Sahl gives Update on HD plans for the year
* Dish Launched more HD today than ever before in our history.
* Recent HD additions CNNHD, USAHD & ScifiHD

HD Added today

Abc Family
Cartoon Network
BravoHD
bioHD
5 MaxHD
MaxHDW
CNBCHD
ESPNNewsHD
DisneyHD East
HallMark Movie Channel HD
MGMHD
Smithsonian Channel HD
TennisHD'
The Weather ChannelHD
ToonDisneyHD
TravelHD * exclusive
WGNHD * exclusive

"We have over 95 National Channels as of today"
*Also over 20 Local HD channels launched in the last month or so with many more to come.
*For actual market details go to dishnetwork.com log on and we will provide you with where we offer local HD.
* We will be close to 100 local markets later this year.
Green dots on map = Local HD on dish
Yellow dots on map = Local HD's recently added
Blue dots on map = Local HD markets to come
Red dots on map = SD coming up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Leslie Harper clip: Tips on how to hook up your Hdtv

* Mark and Dan talk about trees and storms that affect reception.* Ask Dish online clip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q & A
E-Mail Questions

Q: Wayne

1. What is the advantage to having broadband connection?

A: You do not need a phone line connection to your box, you can have access to over 1,000 movies with a Vip receiver, you eliminate the phone line fee... and lots of new products and service's to come.

2. I attempted to hook up my portable external Hard Drive to my USB connection on my receiver, I received a message that there was a one time charge to my account... can I hook up a laptop or computer also?

A: Just for an External HDD.

3. I put some pictures from my camera into the HDD of the receiver and now it won't let me remove them.

A: There is a software bug, if there is no USB device hooked up the receiver will not let you delete, Hook your camera back up to the receiver then you can enter the menu's and manage the device.

Q: Nathan
I would like to request a feature that everyone that has to RA a receiver can save the features to a USB drive so you do not have to re-program the new receiver to your settings.

A: We have a new remote control (2-way remote control) coming out later this year, what it will do is it will let you store your receiver settings in the remote control and the remote control settings in the receiver.

Q: Lisa
I am getting billed for ppv movies I have not ordered.

A: That could happen if a neighbor has a UHF remote address, change your remote address and see if that helps.

Q: Donna
I am confused, I asked if I need to do anything for the 2009 conversion to digital to get my locals

A: You will not have to do anything to get your SD locals you will need a converter box to get your OTA channels however.

Q: Shaun
Does my 612 support Hdmi 1.3

A: Yes, the 612 is 1.3 complient.

Q: Jack
Are you going to put up CNBCHD?

A: It was just put up.

Q: Paul
What is the bitrate output of the Vip 722, which Hdmi cable do I need to maximize it's capablities?

A: The Hdmi cables vary by length, our receivers work with all Hdmi cables out there.

Q: Tom
DishNetwork announced earlier this year that they would enable receivers like the Vip211 to use an External Hard Drive, will there be additional fees to enable that option and when?

A: July or August timeframe, there will be a $49.99 one time fee.
(($49.99 vs $39.99 on the dvr's but this turns the Vip 211 into a dvr) Possible that the fees will be a standard of $49.99 on all receivers, one fee will cover all receivers in your home)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRM discussion with Andy Karofsky VP of Programming
*The studios are requiring every distibutor to limit the amount of time ppv's are stored on your dvr.
*24 hour record limit to these movies.
* Playback limited to 24 hours from the time you start watching these movies.
*If you record a movie and do not play it back, it will expire at some time.
* Not unique to Dish Network, everyone is required to implement this.
* This does not affect a Boxing Match from ppv or shows from HBO etc...
* Studio driven, some movies not affected yet.
* If you record a movie and watch it, but do not play it back you can watch it when you want as many times as you want within the 24 hour period.
*Highlighting the event in My Recordings will tell you how long you have to watch until it expires.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Features Added to Vip Dvr's 612, 622, 722
External Hard Drive Capablility
*Compatible Receivers:
--ViP622 Dvr
--ViP 722 Dvr
--ViP 612 Dvr
*USB 2.0 Hard Drives, 40GB-750GB
*One Time $39.99 (going up $10) Activation Fee.

For External Hard Drive Activation: Call 1-888-241-2205

Scott Higgins gives ITV update.

Wimbledon
Watch six matches at once!
Watch full screen!
Starts June 23
Check out Dish Home Channel 100 for future events.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digital Transition

Dish Customers won't be affected, but people with OTA will be greatly affected by the digital transition.

Michael Hawkey VP, EchoStar Sales Presentation

TR-40 is now the DTVPal
Features:
*On screen 7 day program guide
*Parental Locks
*Analog pass through(some TV stations have permission to broadcast till 2011)
*Low Cost $40 off with Govt. Coupon
DTV2009.gov or 1-888-DTV-2009 for DTV info
dtv.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q & A:
E-mails

Q: Mike
I am currently a Dish DHA customer, my wife and I plan to move into our motorhome as a permanent move, can I use my 501 Dvr?

A: Yes you can use your receiver, you shouldn't have any problems.

Q: Anthony
I have a ViP 622, I have attached a EHDD to it and it is almost full, is there anything on the horizon where we can hook up multiple hard drives to a hub.

A: Just a matter of time until (later on this summer) you can hook up multiple HDD's to a Hub.

Q: Bob
When I try to switch my remote input so I can switch my remote to DVD mode, I have been getting a pop-up that tells me my remote isn't in Satellite mode.

A: It is just a reminder that all you have to do is push the remote button to get the picture back.

Q: Maggie
I am trying to create a timer to capture all episodes of something on Discovery HD, in the past I had that option, did it go away?

A: The resolution setting option is available when you create a DishPass timer, so if you are setting a all or new episodes timer option, you should create that timer while on the HD version of that channel. If you are creating a Dish Pass search timer, you should have resolution options.

Q: Jonathon
When setting up a timer I have tried both the all and new options but sometimes my timers get missed or receiver records something old when the timer was set up for new, how does the receiver know if the program is new or not.

A: Well that actually comes from the Guide Data associated with the program could be a broadcaster problem or the data could be outdated... turn your receiver off when not in use so it will get the newer guide information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next:
Charlie Chat Monday June 9th, 2008
9:00 PM ET
Channel 101

Attachments

• opening.jpg
    opening.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 304
  • opening2.jpg
    opening2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 373
  • amc14-1.jpg
    amc14-1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 336
  • amc14-2.jpg
    amc14-2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 319
  • amc14-3.jpg
    amc14-3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 262
  • amc14-4.jpg
    amc14-4.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 292
  • newhd-1.jpg
    newhd-1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 303
  • newhd-3.jpg
    newhd-3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 300
  • newhd-4.jpg
    newhd-4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 332
  • localhd-1.jpg
    localhd-1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 498
  • localhd-2.jpg
    localhd-2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 510
  • eric-sahl.jpg
    eric-sahl.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 280
  • New HD.jpg
    New HD.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 276
  • New HD 2.jpg
    New HD 2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 274
  • DishHDnew locals.jpg
    DishHDnew locals.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 525
  • DRM.jpg
    DRM.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 421
  • DRM1.jpg
    DRM1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 318
  • DRM2.jpg
    DRM2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 394
  • DTVPal.jpg
    DTVPal.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
DTVpal

Michael Hawkey VP, EchoStar Sales Presentation
TR-40 is now the DTVPal
Features:
*On screen 7 day program guide
*Parental Locks
*Analog pass through(some TV stations have permission to broadcast till 2011)
*Low Cost $40 off with Govt. Coupon
DTV2009.gov or 1-888-DTV-2009 for DTV info dtv.com
I was actually interested in this item, and it's the first I've seen with the 7-day guide.
However, they never gave a price, nor availability.
There is nothing found on the Dish web site with a search of DTVpal.
The DTVpal.com web site might as well be called: DTVpal.con - it's total crap.

I was actually interested in this item, and it's the first I've seen with the 7-day guide.
However, they never gave a price, nor availability.
There is nothing found on the Dish web site with a search of DTVpal.
The DTVpal.com web site might as well be called: DTVpal.con - it's total crap.

It's supposed to be $39.95 available next month. (That URL is unrelated.) You will find more info by searching on TR-40 than you will DTVpal, due to the last-minute name change. Probably that's why they delayed these from the March release: they're busily rebadging them. :(

dfergie. You left out the part where they told us that they were going to butcher VOOM.

Oh. I see. NOTHING WAS SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Why are they still claiming the upper limit of the External Hard drive is 750 Gb ?
I've been running the 1 Tb drives now since December. I'm on my second one and it says I still have 820 Gb left. They format to 960 gb or there abouts. What the 622 will not do is recognize the dual 500gb drives or extra drives on a hub which they say will be added feature later in the summer.

Why are they still claiming the upper limit of the External Hard drive is 750 Gb ?
I've been running the 1 Tb drives now since December. I'm on my second one and it says I still have 820 Gb left. They format to 960 gb or there abouts. What the 622 will not do is recognize the dual 500gb drives or extra drives on a hub which they say will be added feature later in the summer.

Don Landis, I am thinking of getting another external hard drive. So your 1 TB is working OK? What brand do you have and do you like it? Thanks

Last edited:
On the topic of external HDs.. Is / Will it be possible to record directly to an ext HD if you run out of space in your DVR? More HD channels means more stuff recording in HD meaning needing more recording space..

On the topic of external HDs.. Is / Will it be possible to record directly to an ext HD if you run out of space in your DVR? More HD channels means more stuff recording in HD meaning needing more recording space..

Not yet. Rumored to be coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)