Tech Chat Monday, What will your question be if you get through?

When will external storage be enabled .

More info on the ability of connecting receivers together so that recordings can be shared among multiple receivers as was mentioned at Team Summit.

I snicker at the thought of asking Dish any question with "when" in it..... :D

Hmmm, how 'bout "how long will it take to turn on sub-channel guide data ??" following up on the stations that were re-turned on this week.

I wouldn't have the heart to ask an engineering guy this one 'cause I know how it goes, but .... "why did engineering allow the marketing types to push the 622's L4.xx release before it was ready ??" The mapdown feature, HD watermarking, and other stuff was just "flash". L4.01, L4.03, and L4.04 all released within 4-5 weeks should mean something...

Is the software department REALLY trying to fix the "9day guide" failure on the 721?
Why it takes SO LONG to fix software bugs on "all" receivers?
Is the software department over worked?
Do they plan on hiring more help?
Properly functioning software is crucial to your business.
So why don't you address these malfunctions with MORE resources?

Hint for getting on the tech chat.... Call in and tell the call screener You need to know how to program your remote or reboot your receiver(those kind of calls always make the show)..Then when they put you on the air ASK ABOUT EXTERNAL STORAGE!!

"Hi, my name is ______ and my TV keeps changing the channel on its on. Since I'm a dumbass who can't read my manual, call regular tech support, search on the internet, or watch channel 101, could you help me?"

"Is the goal of the company to match the competition and be 'competitive"? Or is it to surpass the competition and be the industry leader?"

I would be interested to see how he phrases the answer and what the specifics are in how they will do it. Would they be truly specific? Or open ended? Yes... I already know the answer. But I would ask it anyways.

That question and about his opinion of the small but growing industry disapproval of DRM as a principle. Will he give an honest answer? Or hedge?

[Oooops... some edits above.]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)