Tech email reply about 1080p

starcrossedpimp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I emailed tech about my 622 not having the new software yet and i got this reply

Thank you for your email. I apologize about the inconvenience; but currently, only the ViP 722 is capable of VOD in 1080p.

I thought the 622 and the 722 were capable? im kind of pissed.

I got an e-mail today saying everyone has been "turbocharged". I still haven't received the software either. To be honest, I'm more interested in them addressing the audio drops on DVR'd events they introduced with 511. Get it right before attempting something completely new.

S~

i called them earlier todya about it and they said that alll of the hd dvrs should have them by 8/11/08..

but this is what i was told so i dont know

This company is unbelievable. I called tonight complaining that I can't get channel 501(I have a 622). The pesron I spoke to told me that only the 722 is currently recieving it. When I asked when I would be getting the 1080p, the rep told me that they don't have that information.

I asked why would customers with 722's, which is a newer machine , are getting this upgrade first when subs with 622's , who for the most part, have been subs longer. Couldn't answer that. Then I asked why I should pay the same amount than someone who has a 722 which is getting a channel that I can't get. Answer-Didn't know why.

I emailed tech about my 622 not having the new software yet and i got this reply

Thank you for your email. I apologize about the inconvenience; but currently, only the ViP 722 is capable of VOD in 1080p...
Thanks for the good news. Hopefully Dish will work the bugs out by testing 1080p VOD on the 722 lab rats ;)

BTW I don't line Dish's pockets by ordering VOD/PPV; yes even at 1080P. So the "BIGGEST HIGH DEFINITION UPGRADE IN TV HISTORY" is a yawner unless it whacks my ViP 622 :eek:

Talon Dancer

Stupid question . . . is there really any difference between 722 and 622 except for additional storage? Especially after the 622's are updated in a week or so

This company is unbelievable. I called tonight complaining that I can't get channel 501(I have a 622). The pesron I spoke to told me that only the 722 is currently recieving it. When I asked when I would be getting the 1080p, the rep told me that they don't have that information.

I asked why would customers with 722's, which is a newer machine , are getting this upgrade first when subs with 622's , who for the most part, have been subs longer. Couldn't answer that. Then I asked why I should pay the same amount than someone who has a 722 which is getting a channel that I can't get. Answer-Didn't know why.

Your logic is,.....unique.:rolleyes:

Got mine yesterday morn... L610, for my 722... not into PPV

Can see 501s

A phased release is in everyone's interests... prevents potential cascading failures.

Stupid question . . . is there really any difference between 722 and 622 except for additional storage? Especially after the 622's are updated in a week or so

A lot of this was discussed earlier. It's not a stupid question at all. It just means you're too lazy to search. The 722 is black instead of silver. It has additional storage for HD VOD. Moreover, it has a more advanced MPEG4 decoding chip that some say offers better PQ than the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts