Tech Help

Cincyray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
Reading Pa
Hello all i have not posted to much here. But know i need some help. I have an 811 and 2 311 i think they are. Anyway was watching the sat all day went out to do some food shopping came back 2 hours later and boom cannot get sat signal.

I tried to change the transponders and all that no good. I did the switch test it cannot find the db44 switch so i think it is bad. The power supply does light up butswitch not found. Can i hook one line straight to reciever. I have the 4 room hookup right now and no reception on any of them.

Called tech support they cant figure it out. Told a tech would have to come up and couldnt get there till Saturday. I tld them you know this is Sunday dont you its unacceptable to wait a week for service. Then i told tech support i was going to upgrade to the 211 vip then all of a sudden tuesday the 21 became available. Wonderful how that works right. But in the mean time i would like to get some sat tv tomorrow any suggestions on how to do this thanks

Yes,

You an hook the input from the Dish500 directly to any of the receivers and do a switch test. You will need to do a switch tesr. It will show that you have a DishPro twin or a DPP twin. It would be very unlikely, but rare that you have two separate DishPro singles or duals on a Dish500.

Why do you need a DPP44 for the configuration that you have? A DP34 would have been fine.

I dont know why they put the db44 in. When i upgraded to the 811 the Dish techs put in that switch. I dont know maybee because i was running a 625 dual tuner and went to the single tuner 811. Had to add another single tuner rec for sons room. So with the 4 room hookup i have 3 recievers 1. 811 and 2 322's i believe maybee thats why they put in the db44

Thanks Mike i bypassed the dp44 switch went striaght to reaciever and all 4 tv,s work i think thanks. Now will wait till tuesday for the 211 and new hd and see if it was worth it thanks

If your dpp44 is bad and not under warranty, and you are keeping the same configuration that you have, I'd replace it with a DP34, since it costs 1/3 as much as a dpp44.

it,s under warrenty dish installed it when i went to the 811 upgrade so i will have them replace it when they come out on tuesday thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)