tech says i can get all Channels by moving

All of these bastardized setups have to go.
Why? :rolleyes: I have 110/119/129 and a wing at 61.5. If thick storm clouds get in the way of 129, I can still watch HD off 61.5 or vice-versa. (My old setup was 110/119/61.5) When I got the 1000.2, I left the 61.5 up just for this purpose.

I'm A little confused

I just got migrated to the eastern arc and the tech said I would lose my international programming which I did. I expected him to be able to keep the satellite dish pointing at the appropriate satellite but he clipped the cable and said that with the eastern arc I wouldn't be using that dish any more. Now it sounds like there might have been a way to add a fourth satellite to my new configuration. I don't know if he didn't know any better or if he just didn't want to go to the effort. I already had a 61.5 wing dish which they installed for VOOM back in the day. He had to change out that dish and disconnect the other one. Do I have any other option?

Thanks to all you guys. This is a great site.

61.5 to 77...keep 110/118/119 dish...in charlotte NC area

If he moves it to 77 will I still keep all my channels???

Just another point I thought I would bring up. Charlotte is a dual arc location. The HD locals are on both the 129 and 61.5. If you can hit the 129 from your current dish500+ location, you can simply add the 129 LNB to it and be done. I'm assuming that you have trees in the way or they would have done this in the first place but figured it was worth mentioning.

I just got moved to the eastern arc this weekend. I had to get rid of the Dish1000 and get the 1000.4 for the east. I'm getting all the new HD now. I also had to get a mpeg4 311 receiver in the kids room to replace the old mpeg2 301. I'm in the Charlotte NC area as well.

The main risk you run without 77 is that some day they may move your locals to 77. If you do not want to worry about it for a year or so, 61.5/72.7 will probably work. But, some day you may lose channels if they move stuff around.

Understood, if that happens the tree blocking 77 comes down.

Why? :rolleyes: I have 110/119/129 and a wing at 61.5. If thick storm clouds get in the way of 129, I can still watch HD off 61.5 or vice-versa. (My old setup was 110/119/61.5) When I got the 1000.2, I left the 61.5 up just for this purpose.

Ah, but then you have as your primary, Western Arc. The bastardization I was speaking of is mixed dishes like 61.5, 110, 119 or 72.7, 110, 61.5 et al....

It does not work that way. I have had that setup for quite a while. It will not fail over. Which ever sat/TP in the table first for a channel it will go to and it will not fail over to the other satellite. The only real advantage to the 61.5/129 setup is if they run different RSNs in HD between the two arcs, you can get the HD broadcast.

It does not work that way. I have had that setup for quite a while. It will not fail over. Which ever sat/TP in the table first for a channel it will go to and it will not fail over to the other satellite. The only real advantage to the 61.5/129 setup is if they run different RSNs in HD between the two arcs, you can get the HD broadcast.

Correct.. the only way you could do this is to do a check switch while the outage on the one satellite is happening... and it still might leave it in the switch matrix if it can get an intermittent signal.

Ah, but then you have as your primary, Western Arc. The bastardization I was speaking of is mixed dishes like 61.5, 110, 119 or 72.7, 110, 61.5 et al....
Oh yeah, very true. Having a mixed-up satellite combination will definitely result in missing out on something, either now or in the future. :yes

If I tune to say, MSNBC-HD, and hit "Info" twice it will show 129, or 61.5 as the bird it's coming from. It's usually different every time I tune the channel. If what you say is true, wouldn't MSNBC-HD (or any other HD channel) always come from the same sat? :confused: If I lose the signal in a storm, I change to an SD channel, and go back to the HD and 9 times out of 10 it's now working again, receiving the other sat. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've seen this on my own system many times.

If I tune to say, MSNBC-HD, and hit "Info" twice it will show 129, or 61.5 as the bird it's coming from. It's usually different every time I tune the channel. If what you say is true, wouldn't MSNBC-HD (or any other HD channel) always come from the same sat? :confused: If I lose the signal in a storm, I change to an SD channel, and go back to the HD and 9 times out of 10 it's now working again, receiving the other sat. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've seen this on my own system many times.

It flip flops back and forth as the channel tables load. I've seen it with my own eyes with an account that had locals from a spotbeam on 119 that covered the location, but when they added to 61.5 it was not covered. You'd flip the locals and about half the time you'd get the searching signal message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)