Tech visit for OTA Adapter??

aaronc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Dayton,OH
After waiting a week for a Dish OTA adapter and not receiving it I contacted Dish to see if it had shipped. The agent said something wasn’t done in the system to complete the order. She then offered a tech visit to have it installed. Yes, a customer can’t plug in a usb cord and attach an antenna and use the menu to scan for channels. Unbelievable.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Tell 'em you want that OTA adapter installed in another room that would require running coax from the LNB to the new room, and coax from the antenna to the new room. Then move the Hopper back to its normal location but you'd be ready for a wired Joey with OTA antenna backup in the new room. Might be worth a free tech visit to get this done. :cool:

Reactions: pattykay
Is the Dirt team still around? I don’t understand why I can’t get an adapter and plug it into my hopper. Why does a tech have to do something so damn simple? I may just pay the early cancellation fees and be done with this company

It is pure luck to talk to an agent who is knowledgeable and problem solver. I had few in the past who literally read the manual to me on the phone!. Some were smart and without wasting time connected my call to their supervisor (to answer a specific question). Yes, the first call is pretty much answered by some Asian with very thick accent from overseas.( Heck, my wife has a puzzled look on her face occasionally when she hears my European accent!). Most of us r satisfied with Dish service. Don't let one experience bother u. Good luck with OTA.

Reactions: navychop
Is the Dirt team still around? I don’t understand why I can’t get an adapter and plug it into my hopper. Why does a tech have to do something so damn simple? I may just pay the early cancellation fees and be done with this company
As others have said, just get the AirTV dual-tuner adapter from this site, and be done with it. Products | AirTV
The internal components are exactly the same as the one that Dish sells, just in a different color case. That would certainly be a lot cheaper than paying the early cancellation fees, and you would get to keep your Dish service!

It is pure luck to talk to an agent who is knowledgeable and problem solver. I had few in the past who literally read the manual to me on the phone!. Some were smart and without wasting time connected my call to their supervisor (to answer a specific question). Yes, the first call is pretty much answered by some Asian with very thick accent from overseas.( Heck, my wife has a puzzled look on her face occasionally when she hears my European accent!). Most of us r satisfied with Dish service. Don't let one experience bother u. Good luck with OTA.
It is not pure luck. You just have to know the correct phone number to call. 1-888-496-1260 gets you straight through to the Loyalty Department, where you always get an agent from here in the states. Many of us have used that number, and reported having excellent results. We shouldn't have to resort to using a special number, but hey it works! So, why not use it?

I hear you crodrules, and completely agree on your point. I let my wife use that number when it is our time to renew our contract and keep the cost low!! It always works. When you don't get the answer you want here and impatient, calling Dish cust. service is rolling the dice. Some are really good, some are not so good. I guess that's what I meant. I should also mention that few good folks including yourself here take their time and help others. Cheers.:hatsoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts