Techical advise on changing to HD

toolnutbelew

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Hi,
I presently have a customer that I prewired and installed this system sometime ago. He has 2- 625 DVR and 2 311 receivers. This job was completed before they came out with the DishPrpPlus lnbs.
Used a dish 500 to feed a DP34 switch then another 34 switch. Each of the 625 receivers have 2 inbound coax from the dp34 switch.
Now my customer is wanting to trade in one of the 625 for a 622 HD.
I looking for the best way to connect it all. I know if I use a dish 1000 there will only be 3 ports out and I'll need four due to having four receivers. I could get rid of the dp34 switches and replace with the dp44plus switch but then I have to change all the wiring.
I know from experience that you don't have near the signal strength with the 1000 that you have with a 500 dish for sat 119 & 110.
Now my question is: Can I put up another 500 and point it at 129 and feed it into the dp34 switches? What kind of signal stength do you get? With the 1000 dish I have been getting signal strength on 129 from 66 to 87 depending on the trasponder.

"Can I put up another 500 and point it at 129 and feed it into the dp34 switches? What kind of signal stength do you get?"

Yes you can. A dedicated 500 at 129 is the best way to go but a bigger dish is even better (24'' or 30''). In that setup all you need is to setup that second dish with a DP Dual and you're fine.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys ToolNut.

Yes use a 500 pointed at 129 or like the other op stated 61.5 for HD, just feed it into the 3rd input on the DP34's....use 61.5 only if the customer don't need 129 for HD locals.

I'm a dish installer,

Even if as you stated to just pop in a dpp44 you would not have to change the wiring really, the extra cable to the duel tuners.. they just wont be used, but wont harm to be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)