Technician is unable to install Dish

simple_male

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
The technician came this afternoon, but he was unable to install the dish, as he said that one tree is interfering the signal. We are so disappointed! Can anything be done so that it can be installed?

Question is how hard did he try. Are you in an apartment where he has little choice on where to mount. A home you own, he may be able to go past the tree on a pole in the yard ?
On the roof ?

Well I solved my problem with just putting another "satellite shrine" next to the other one. I had the first one up and then wanted to get 61.5. No dice with the large tree in the way. Only way to get it up was 1, cut down tree, or 2, put up another planter. I did # 2.
Hope this helps.
My avatar shows some of what I did. I will add some other photos of the "farm"

Lyle

Attachments

• P5100703.JPG
    P5100703.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 233
  • P5100704.JPG
    P5100704.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 270
The technician came this afternoon, but he was unable to install the dish, as he said that one tree is interfering the signal. We are so disappointed! Can anything be done so that it can be installed?
I will spare you the endless questions...This is what I do if there is a line of sight issue..I will check the property for any possiblity of reception..If that includes a two dish solution ,so be it...Of course the customer can limit where the dish is to be placed..Many times the customer will not permit the dish(es) to be installed in the front of the home...As far as my limitataions are concerned ,I will not traverse a steep roof. I reserve the right of a safety first priority...Other than that I will put a dish just about anywhere practical to get the job done...I cannot factor these guys who take one look at a job and declare no line of sight without at least checking the property and the structure..
My advice:,,,Call Dish and request a second opinion...Dish will gladly accomodate this request

Well I solved my problem with just putting another "satellite shrine" next to the other one. I had the first one up and then wanted to get 61.5. No dice with the large tree in the way. Only way to get it up was 1, cut down tree, or 2, put up another planter. I did # 2.
Hope this helps.
My avatar shows some of what I did. I will add some other photos of the "farm"

Lyle
That's so cool..I wish some of my customers would allow this type of install..Too many times a customer will insist upon a roof mount where I must climb like Sir Edmond Hillary.

That's so cool..I wish some of my customers would allow this type of install..Too many times a customer will insist upon a roof mount where I must climb like Sir Edmond Hillary.

Thanks for the comment.
I've had some interesting conversations with people who come and ask what those things are in the yard. Especially the one with my wife!
The installer that came and put up the Dish 1000 was really happy to just be able to stand next to the post and only be 2 feet off the ground. I know this isn't the only solution to the problem, but, I was able to get mine solve this way.
Good Luck:

Lyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts