Technician refused to hookup internet to HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chrisn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Wisconsin
He said it's causing problems and refused to do it. He told me to wait a couple of months (for updates) before getting the kit and hooking it up. Anyone know anything about this?

huh?
I've had my HR34 since February and its been hoked to the internet just fine

VOD is goofy (skips) but youtube works fine.
Is the HR34 the only receiver? If so you can hook up ethernet cable to it

chrisn said:
He said it's causing problems and refused to do it. He told me to wait a couple of months (for updates) before getting the kit and hooking it up. Anyone know anything about this?

Sounds lazy to me :D

I just had an install 2 weeks ago, and the tech hooked my HR34 to my router with no problems. I would call Direct and get someone to come back out.

huh?

I have two H25's in the bedrooms. The router is right next to the HR34, but I read you shouldn't hook it up directly if you are using the whole home dvr. Upon further reading, another person stated it could be connected directly if you use a band stop filter. Pretty confused, here.

He seemed genuine and not lazy, but who knows?

Just plug it into the router. It can be direct connected and will provide connections to the other receivers.

Guess that tech doesn't like his broadband connection numbers.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Just plug it into the router. It can be direct connected and will provide connections to the other receivers.

Guess that tech doesn't like his broadband connection numbers.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I connected it directly to the router and a connection was established. It said to wait 24 hours for On Demand content. One of the H25's gave a message that it was no longer connected to the HR34 and whole home dvr wouldn't work... but it seems to be working fine. Shows are still available in the playlist and I was able to schedule a recording from it.

I'll keep an eye out for any new bugs with the HR34.

The installer point of view = The FREE installation list has been growing. The money offered to install a much more complex system has remained flat in many areas. At the same time installers have, one way or another, been goosed to move through more jobs per day. So probably this installer just knew if he began the internet setup & ther was a problem it would cost him time he did not have,,,and wasn't getting paid to expend anyway.

Or he didn't know how.

Joe

You have 90 days of free service. I would call and complain. Tell them the installer refused to install and they will come back. Keep calling for anything not working don't let them get away with this.

How come I don;t have YouTube on my 34?

huh?

The installer point of view = The FREE installation list has been growing. The money offered to install a much more complex system has remained flat in many areas. At the same time installers have, one way or another, been goosed to move through more jobs per day. So probably this installer just knew if he began the internet setup & ther was a problem it would cost him time he did not have,,,and wasn't getting paid to expend anyway.

Or he didn't know how.

Joe

We have the same issues at my job ....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)