Technicians no help, picture still bad

The receiver is hooked up to the tv using S-video. The receiver does not have the RBG hookups.

Have him check the signal strenght and maybe try a new LNB. Any other recievers in the house?? And if so, any problem with those??

The bigger the screen the more anomalies you will see, the smaller the more it will look like a "DVD", you have the TV, time to go HD DirecTV?

Your problem may be due to the particular TV set you own and the compression used by the satellite provider. I have heard that some sets can't handle the compression as well as some others.

I think the quality issue you mentioned is due to the amount of channels that are added to the satellite transponder. As more channels are added to the same bandwidth then quality will suffer.

Cougar said:
Your problem may be due to the particular TV set you own and the compression used by the satellite provider. I have heard that some sets can't handle the compression as well as some others.

I think the quality issue you mentioned is due to the amount of channels that are added to the satellite transponder. As more channels are added to the same bandwidth then quality will suffer.

TheaterWide 16x9 Rear Projection? Don't those Wide Screen nows days digitally zoom stratch pictures to fit on screen? Try using 4:3 mode and see if the quality improve?

Yeah, I seen a lot of those. One customer had a old wood 27" Zenith TV when I put DirecTV for him picture look great on it, then he upgraded to a 36" Sony and you can definitely see the Picture quality changed. Went back to his house for Service call about his PQ so I helped him put the TV side by side and what a different. On the new Sony you can see all the digital artifacts and colors are all washed out, especially on the local channels. On the old TV pictures was superb.

I have seen older sharp LCD can't handle DirecTV compression, some Sony WEGA, Sony CRT Rear Projections, Toshiba Wide Screen, Samgsung DLP, some Pioneer Plasma that look like crap no matter what connection you use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts